mikerugby
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I'm Mike, 38 from Hertfordshire. I'm a little dubious about singles holidays as the majority seem to be geared for the older traveller - no disrespect intended.

Does anyone of a similar age have any experiences of a singles holiday on this site that they could share with me please?

Thanks

Mike

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Mike

LOL at your comments, so I take it at 53 I am OLD !!, all I can say is I started these at 46 and in 6 years I have had 8 great holidays, from Austrian Lakes , 3 x USA, Kenya Safari, Hong Kong and NZ, Poland and Tuscany... I think the age is coming down a little bit now, it does seem to depend on which tour you like the look of, can I suggest if theres one you like ring the office or post on the editors board (OLLY) and ask the age range etc.. Be a shame if you don't go but it is up to you..There are two video links on hers I am one off them

Cindy

Hayles
  • (Member)
(Member)
'mikerugby' wrote:

Hi

I'm Mike, 38 from Hertfordshire. I'm a little dubious about singles holidays as the majority seem to be geared for the older traveller - no disrespect intended.

Does anyone of a similar age have any experiences of a singles holiday on this site that they could share with me please?

Thanks

Mike

hi there,

dont be dubious there are all sorts of ages. im 25 an go on these trips and i was 24 on my first holiday. im booked on the americas golden west on september 17th so u shouldnt worry and book and go for it. youll enjoy it.

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mike

I'm 40 and have been doing these sorts of holidays since I was 31. It's a bit of a cliche to say that age is only a number but it is generally true. I have found most of my fellow travellers are young at heart if not in body and are looking for an adventure. The only way to find out is to take the plunge and book a trip to somewhere you've always fancied going to.

Be warned though - these holidays are highly addictive. I still go on them when I'm in a relationship (and leave him behind of course)!

Sally

TonyW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mike

I started in 1994 when I was 42 now 60 been on about 30 holidays you get old young ones and young old ones. With Just You age is in the mind not the body try a holiday you will enjoy it .

Tony

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Mike,

True the majority of travellers will likely be in their 50's & 60's but from my JY trips so far ages have ranged from mid 20's and 80.

Saying that you would likely be the youngest Man from what I've seen, Men seem to start later than the ladies sort of your age upwards.

Think the holiday you choose will have a bearing on the group make up.

Done a couple of america trips and the age range was a good spread.

Andalucia in November edged more towards the older end (apparently because its cooler someone commented), also a christmas hol i did by coach eemed to attract a older group.

Majorca at easter a couple of years ago was a good mix also.

I've enjoyed all the holidays and have mixed with people older and younger (I'm 54) without a problem, just had a great time.

Got two more booked this year, Austria in august and route 66 in October.

Mick

Wales66
(Member)
I worry too, that at 46, I'd be the oldest male?

Are any of the holidays open to certain age groups, or are there no age restrictions?

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
WALES 66

Thes holidays are NEVER banded into a certain age group any age can go from I think 18 to???? think the oldest I have encountered was early 80's..

Cindy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mike,

I'm 42 and have done 4 JY hols, I've never been the youngest yet! Having said that, the people I've ended up spending the most times on each hol have always been older! So don't let the age factor put you off, you will have a great time wherever you travel so just pick a destination that appeals to you and go for it!

Best wishes,

Bob

valerie lund
(Member)
I am trying to find out if anyone is going on the Genoa to Cape Town cruise in November. This is my first holiday with a Singles tour. Val Northamptonshire
lil lisa
(Member)
I am just thinking should i test the water first with a short break, this would also be a first time for me

any recommendations please .

I am single women of 46 , feed up of waiting for my married friends to fit me in lol ...

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lisa, I understand where you are coming from! To be honest, I wouldn't bother with a short trip or discovery weekend - jump right in and book a proper holiday that appeals to you! From what I gather a lot of people go on discovery weekends without any real desire or intention to go on a holiday and just use it as a means of meeting new people - so if you want to find out what JY and the people who use it are really like, book a holiday and I am sure you won't regret it!

Best wishes,

Bob

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Lil Lisa

I have done 8 JY tours .I just jumped straight in my 1st tour was a USA Boston New England and New York, I had a great time, I was 47 when I went on the first one. I would suggest you sit and have a good look through the brochure or online and PICK the holiday that really appeals to you and BOOK IT. That might be short or long haul but you will be fine. There are a couple of videos on here one is me Cindy and the other is a lady called Lesley it might answer some of your questions. Good Luck

Cindy

Mel P
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Lisa

I agree with Bob and Cindi. I would suggest that you leave the discovery weekend and just jump in there. You will find that the people you meet on these trips are friendly and for various reasons are in the same boat as you. I, like Cindy just jumped in and booked my trip. My third holiday with JY is to Kusadasi in September. Wishing you all the best for whatever holiday you chose.

Regards. Mel