laura g
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have been on my own for 3 years now after coming out of a very abusive relationship, all my friends are either married of have partners, so the only way I am going to get a holiday is by going on a singlies holiday. I am thinking about this time next year? any suggestions? I dont have alot of confidence so this would be a big step for me

anitalaughs
(Member)
Hi Laura,

First of all you have taken a big step by deciding to go on holiday on your own. Well done you!!! I am on my 4th Just You hol in September to Vietnam. Once you do your first one theres no going back. Everyone is really friendly and the age range is from 20s to 80s. Maybe for your first one you might like a short break like the discovery weekend or possibly a few days in Europe and progress from there. However I hope you take the plunge and book something, you have nothing to loose.

Take care.

penny carter
(Member)
'laura wrote:

I have been on my own for 3 years now after coming out of a very abusive relationship, all my friends are either married of have partners, so the only way I am going to get a holiday is by going on a singlies holiday. I am thinking about this time next year? any suggestions? I dont have alot of confidence so this would be a big step for me

Hi Laura,

It can be quite scary going on holiday alone at first. I went on a Discover Weekend which I can thoroughly recommend if you're not sure whether a Singles holiday is right for you.I then did a short break

and in a few weeks time I'm off to South Africa - my 5th Just You holiday! I have no regrets about holidaying alone. Look at it this way, if you don't try, you'll always be wondering! Good luck!

Regards

Penny

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Laura

I can assure you that there is no need to worry when going on a Just You holiday. Everyone is in the same boat. Just pick a destination you always wanted to visit and book. I have just come back from my 3rd Just You holiday. Of course, I was a bit nervous when I booked my first holiday with Just You, but as soon as I reached the airport I realised that there was no need to be nervous at all. You are looked after very well. I have enjoyed all 3 holidays and can't fault any of them.

Jaya

Wales66
(Member)
'laura wrote:

I feel exactly the same! So I suppose we're not alone!