Annie51
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Well I've taken the plunge and booked up. I know it's almost a full tour, is anyone else going on that date. If anyone has already been tips and places not to miss appreciated!

Annie

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Annie

Is this Highlights of Tuscanny, if so I went last year. nice tour it was very HOT when I went which was May. Hotel staff are really nice, hotel was OK my bedroom looked out over the front looking towards the sea and there was quite a bit of activy down the road at night, some people did move to further back rooms but a good tour over all. Looks to see and do, and a gentle stroll to local town so near things.

Cindy

Annie51
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Annie

Is this Highlights of Tuscanny, if so I went last year. nice tour it was very HOT when I went which was May. Hotel staff are really nice, hotel was OK my bedroom looked out over the front looking towards the sea and there was quite a bit of activy down the road at night, some people did move to further back rooms but a good tour over all. Looks to see and do, and a gentle stroll to local town so near things.

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Yes it is the Highlights. Now I've made my mind up I'm really excited.

It would be nice if someone who is going on it replies though.

Annie

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Annie lets hope some one makes contact, but not everybody uses computers. You will not be alone so don't worry.

Have fun

Cindy

TVP
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have just been on this holiday and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel is 50 minutes drive from the airport and is in a little seaside resort. Jonathan Clarke was our Tour Manager and was very good. One must-do is hiring a bike for an hour for 3 euros in Lucca and cycling round the city walls, it's quiet and peaceful and very flat so easy to cycle and takes about half an hour to go right round. The Isle of Elba is lovely and well worth going to.
Annie51
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'TVP' wrote:

I have just been on this holiday and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel is 50 minutes drive from the airport and is in a little seaside resort. Jonathan Clarke was our Tour Manager and was very good. One must-do is hiring a bike for an hour for 3 euros in Lucca and cycling round the city walls, it's quiet and peaceful and very flat so easy to cycle and takes about half an hour to go right round. The Isle of Elba is lovely and well worth going to.

Thanks for the info & suggestions. I am a cyclist so will take up your advice. Was also thinking of visiting Elba so good to know you enjoyed it.

Anne

Annie51
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'TVP' wrote:

Hi,

Could one of you who have been on this holiday tell me if there is tea making facilities in the room, I can't start the day without a cuppa so need to know if I need to get a travel kettle.

Annie

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Annie

From what I remember there was NO tea making facilitys but you can have room service ..or wait and have cuppa with breakfast..

Cindy