momatt
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone, I'm thinking of going on my 1st JY holiday but can't decide between China and Texas/New Orleans. Would love to hear from anyone who has been on either of these hols or thinking of going. Maureen:
patricebry
(Member)
'momatt' wrote:

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of going on my 1st JY holiday but can't decide between China and Texas/New Orleans. Would love to hear from anyone who has been on either of these hols or thinking of going. Maureen:

Hi Maureen,

I had booked to go to China in September and was looking forward to it, but as I live up North I decided the journey, (Manchester to Heathrow) and alot of messing about at Heathrow (reclaiming luggage etc) was too much as the holiday itself is very 'full on'.

I therefore decided to change it to Texas and New Orleans. I've been to America four times with JY but not to this area, and they've all been fabulous, so I'm really looking forward to this one (especially the day on the ranch and the dinner cruise on the Mississippi paddle boat!) I still have to travel to Heathrow but my luggage will be booked straight through which makes it alot easier, and the holiday isn't as 'busy'

I'm going on 19th September. Everyone says the China trip is wonderful too though so have a good think about it!!

Regards, Pat

Northumbrian lady
(Member)
Hi Maureen

I am booked for Texas 6th Sept.. Been to America several times but not to this area really looking forward to this holiday. Third holiday with JY.

I have heard a great deal about China, friend been 3 times. Just a bit too much travelling for me to China.

Regards Nortumbrian Lady

patricebry
(Member)
'momatt' wrote:

Hi again,

I'm going to Texas on 27th September, not the 19th - that was the China one! Another senior moment!!

Pat

EirW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Maureen

I've went on the China trip in Sept 2010, and did Texas and New Orleans last month.

Both are great holidays, and you will be sure to enjoy whichever you decide.

For me, the best holiday of the two was China. The holiday is very busy with some very early mornings, but this is one trip I would deffinately do again. Its a great country, you get to see so many things on the tour. The China holiday for me had that extra wow factor to it.

Hope this helps.

E

silverfox11
(Member)
I love to go to china may do that 1 next year, i have been to new orleans i loved it went on swap tour, saw the alligators guy was throw masrhmarrows to them.

I have been on steam boat when i went to memphis, i love to go back there for a holiday

mlesleyk
(Member)
'momatt' wrote:

Hi

I have just booked on the texas trip (my first alone!) but went to China years ago (1995). There were already western influences then (Mc Donalds and TGIs etc!) so imagine its changing even more now so might be good to see it in case it changes too much - on the other hand, the texas trip sounds great fun too , and you get to see New Orleans, my friend told me it was one of the best places shes been - sorry not much help - maybe you will have to toss a coin!!