rsam
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all

I'm in my early thirties and am really keen to go on the Vienna, Prague and Budapest trip in August. I'm just a little nervous about the age mix. I went on a Just You trip once before a couple of years ago and out of 20 of us everyone else was 60 and over. Don't get me wrong, I had a fantastic time and I still keep in touch with one of the 80 year olds but I'm just nervous that I wouldn't be so lucky again and if I was so much out of step with the make up of the rest of the group there is no guarantee I would fit in. This might sound stupid but grateful for any thoughts.

Rob

Jenny R
(Member)
'rsam' wrote:

Hi all

I'm in my early thirties and am really keen to go on the Vienna, Prague and Budapest trip in August. I'm just a little nervous about the age mix. I went on a Just You trip once before a couple of years ago and out of 20 of us everyone else was 60 and over. Don't get me wrong, I had a fantastic time and I still keep in touch with one of the 80 year olds but I'm just nervous that I wouldn't be so lucky again and if I was so much out of step with the make up of the rest of the group there is no guarantee I would fit in. This might sound stupid but grateful for any thoughts.

Go for it. On all of my JY trips we have had a wide age range and everyone mixes well. We oldies will talk to anyone! I am doing the end of August one so may see you

Jenny

Rob

Jenny R
(Member)
Hi Rob

Go for it. I have done several trips with JY and there has been a wide age range on each- all very friendly. We oldies will talk to anyone! I am doing the end of August trip so may see you.

Jenny

(This reply may appear twice - The first one seemed to dissappear. If so apologies)

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rob

Why worry about age? It is just a number. If you are one of those people who gets on well with everyone, you will have no problem whatsoever going on a Just You holiday. I have been on 2 holidays and am going on my third one on 22 May. On both trips we had people with varied age ranges, but everyone was friendly. Just go ahead and book it. Life is too short to worry about little things! Enjoy.

Jaya

Jenny...
(Member)
Hi

I am 35 and went on a tour last year, there were a few people in their thirties and forties and then a lot over 50. I still had a good time and I've just booked another holiday. I ring up to book my holidays and always ask if there are one or two people within my age bracket before I book, it may be worth you doing that. I do think a lot more people of our age group are joining this forum and going on the holidays now.

Jenny

suziewales
(Member)
I am thinking of booking this, Rob, and I reach 60 in September this year; but I am a very fit 60 year old who goes to the gym for a class every day and loves to have fun; so not what my idea of a 60 year old would have been when I was in my 40's!! Oh, how time flies and your ideas change! However, if you are perhaps hoping to meet a like-minded 30 year old lady, maybe you need to wait until you get some other replies!

Rob