JanetG
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
My first time as a single traveller. Going to Bulgaria October 4th. Any helpful suggestions and testimonials. Janet
JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Janet

I have recently just returned from my 2nd time on this trip. It is really a very under rated destination . I think it's a great wee place. The hotel and hotel staff are brilliant and will look after you. The hotel itself is fabulous with very large rooms. It is a terrific complex. If you intend to sit by the pool or soak the sun up. I suggest that you take your own towel. However you can buy or even hire for your duration towels very cheaply. But note the room towels are not really suitable outside your room. There are no tea or coffee making facilities in your rooms. But most countries on the continent don't provide this. There is a tv in the room with several English speaking channels . Entertainment at the hotel should be of interest and fun. Food is very good

Anything else you would like to know please get in touch

Regards Andy

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Janet

I have a friend on this tour comes back Friday I shall get a report for you..OK

Cindy

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Janet

The Hotel is situated approximately 200 yards from The sea/ beach which is nice and sandy. Hotel complex has several gift shops., Spa centre, Hair dressers and clothing boutiques . You can get terrific views from the roof tops / vantage points on the 5th floors. There is an Entertainment or Animstion team who

May attempt to include you activities like salsa , shooting etc without any pressure. There are huge grounds outside to walk , exercise or relax and the bar area is also

Very big and spacious. You can also catch a taxii or bus to several destination s all very reasonable

Regards Andy

JanetG
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Andy. I havw booked for three of the tours as I wasn't sure if weather is good for poolside in October. Looking forward to meeting up with other JY members. Janet

'JustAndy103' wrote:

Hi Janet

I have recently just returned from my 2nd time on this trip. It is really a very under rated destination . I think it's a great wee place. The hotel and hotel staff are brilliant and will look after you. The hotel itself is fabulous with very large rooms. It is a terrific complex. If you intend to sit by the pool or soak the sun up. I suggest that you take your own towel. However you can buy or even hire for your duration towels very cheaply. But note the room towels are not really suitable outside your room. There are no tea or coffee making facilities in your rooms. But most countries on the continent don't provide this. There is a tv in the room with several English speaking channels . Entertainment at the hotel should be of interest and fun. Food is very good

Anything else you would like to know please get in touch

Regards Andy

JanetG
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Cindy. Look forward to hearing back. Janet
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Janet

OK this is what my friend had to say..

Holiday NICE

People FRIENDLY

Entertainment GOOD

Food not brilliant rather luke warm?

Trips ..folklore evening was booked this end but was cancelled as this does not run in this time, will run when main season starts which is 1st June, so he will have to wait for payback this end. His comments where WHT did JY not know this?? He did go on an optional boat trip could work out how to spell the place name, this was very good and well worth going on and had a very good local guide.

Weather was in mid 70's which was good, age range 55-late 70's

He had a very good time and lots of laughs

Holiday overall 7/10

Hope that helps you

Cindy

oldvic
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cindy

Just a few comments/corrections. The trip your friend referred to was Sozopol and the nature reserve at Ropotomo river. The age range was 30 to 85. Temps were about 5degs centigrade above normal for May at 25+ degrees. Hotel occupancy was low whilst your friend was there and the choice of food is vast so the food was left standing longer than it might be when the hotel is fuller. The hotel also provides a microwave. I have stayed here for 2 weeks last September and am in my second of three weeks here at present. Weather is still good, with a breeze today. Overall the food is very good with a very wide selection.

The hotel and entertainment staff are fantastic, rooms big and hotel facilities excellent.

If anyone else has any questions about this tour, please ask away. Hope you did not mind me adding to your message, Cindy?

Gordon (Tour Manager)

'nixon' wrote:

Janet

OK this is what my friend had to say..

Holiday NICE

People FRIENDLY

Entertainment GOOD

Food not brilliant rather luke warm?

Trips ..folklore evening was booked this end but was cancelled as this does not run in this time, will run when main season starts which is 1st June, so he will have to wait for payback this end. His comments where WHT did JY not know this?? He did go on an optional boat trip could work out how to spell the place name, this was very good and well worth going on and had a very good local guide.

Weather was in mid 70's which was good, age range 55-late 70's

He had a very good time and lots of laughs

Holiday overall 7/10

Hope that helps you

Cindy

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi All

Please note and with Reference to Nixons post with regard to warm food. This is probably right, However please note, The Bulgarians dont always eat hot food like we do on these shores, and prefer it warm. However the Restaruant staff will heat it up for you, if requested.

As someone who has now been to this resort of two occasions, And by no means an expert. I do actually spend sometime chatting to the locals, guides, Restaruant manager and chefs etc you pick up little tips and hints.

I hope this helps

Regards Andy

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thank you Gordon and Andy for your comments I was just repeating what John had told me.

Cindy

oldvic
  • (Member)
(Member)
I totally appreciate that, Cindy. Our local guide Pavlina would also confirm that having piping hot food is not seen as a problem, as Bulgarians often eat food just warm, as Andy rightly says. Apparently the comments John made about the food are quite common for English tourists in all the local hotels. Tell John he was especially lucky to travel last week as it has turned quite chilly just now!! Apparently the rest of Bulgaria had rain and floods last week!

Gordon

'nixon' wrote:

Thank you Gordon and Andy for your comments I was just repeating what John had told me.

Cindy

loopylou
(Member)
Hi Everyone, i am going on this trip next month and have today found that a hydrofoil operates between Nessebar and Sozopol of which i am interested in as i am not keen on being on coaches for hours, could anyone tell me how far Sozpol is from Nessebar please. Also can anyone give any details about the evening folklore trip. Thank you

oldvic
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sozopol is the other side of the bay and about 40 miles by road. Here is the timetable.http://fastferry.bg/page/view/19. You will see that if you are visiting before 30/6 you would have rather a long day in Sozopol, certainly more than you really need. The day excursion to the Ropotomo River nature reserve with boat trip, a lovely lunch in Sozopol and a visit to Burgas is very popular and well worth doing. The outward journey is approx 90 mins, with the return journey in shorter stages via Burgas. Which week are you coming?

Gordon

Tour Manager

'loopylou' wrote:

Hi Everyone, i am going on this trip next month and have today found that a hydrofoil operates between Nessebar and Sozopol of which i am interested in as i am not keen on being on coaches for hours, could anyone tell me how far Sozpol is from Nessebar please. Also can anyone give any details about the evening folklore trip. Thank you

oldvic
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi again

In that case I will be your tour manager. You first stop at the river, which is a very short walk to the boat, then Sozopol for a lovely lunch which involves a shortish walking tour of the town on the way to the restaurant, then an hour at leisure. You then finally have about an hour in Burgas where you can do as much or as little walking as you wish as you have an hour at leisure there right by the sea and not far from the shops.

Hope this helps

Gordon

'loopylou' wrote:

Hi Gordon, i am on the June 14th trip to Bulgaria.

I am not a very good traveller on coaches so that was why i thought of the hydrofoil.Is there a lot of getting off and on the coach.