Wilmot
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Can anyone advise what to take in the way of currency please? Also any tips from anyone who has been on this trip would be appreciated. Leaving on 6 June anyone else registered on community going?
dianejan
(Member)
Hi Wilmot

I am also going on the 6th June flying from Manchester. You will need three lots of currency go into other posts on Prague, Vienna and Budapest some information on currency. Stuck on how much to take as we are only in Prague for a short time. One of the guys who went on this holiday was going to post some feedback but hasn't just wondered if he enjoyed it, I am sure we will, look forward to meeting you.What airport are you flying from?

regards

Di

paul s
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I did this holiday last month and as Di has said i did promise to post some feedback, so here goes.

All three cities are really nice and you get a morning guided tour in each of them as well as quite a bit of free time to do what you want as well. The hotels you stay in are fine, but the one in Austria is quite a way out of Vienna, so you are pretty much tied to the organised excursions while you are there.

I wouldn't take too much in Czech and Hungarian currencies if i were you as the only meals you have to pay for are the lunches. So unless you intend a mass shopping spree while there you don't really need that much.

This was my first holiday with JY as i normally do long haul holidays with another singles company, but i can say that i will probably use them again as everything was very well organised and the rep we had was really good!

Anyway, enjoy your holiday in June and if you want any other info just ask.

Paul

paulajay
(Member)
Hi, I'm also flying from Manchester. Got my details yesterday, and was worried about spending a whole day in an airport in the middle of nowhere! JY advises that there will possibly, probably be a trip laid on. Phew. Look forward to meeting up at Manchester. The coach arrives around 1.30pm.

See you soon,

Paula

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Paul, you should try long haul tours with JY, they are fantastic! I've done America's Golden West, South Africa/Zambia and India. I've South America booked for Sept and am hoping to do Vietnam/Cambodia early next year. JY are so well organised and the excursions are wonderful - you truly see the best of each place, hope you give them a go for your next long haul hol!

Cheers,

Bob

dianejan
(Member)
'paulajay' wrote:

Hi, I'm also flying from Manchester. Got my details yesterday, and was worried about spending a whole day in an airport in the middle of nowhere! JY advises that there will possibly, probably be a trip laid on. Phew. Look forward to meeting up at Manchester. The coach arrives around 1.30pm.

See you soon,

Paula

Hi Paula

Do you mean a trip when we are away? Will look out for you at the airport

Di

paul s
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob

The next holiday i do with JY will more than likely be either South Africa/Zambia or New Zealand as i like the look of both. It won't be until next year though at the least as i already have booked trips to Costa Rica and Nepal this year. Enjoy South America and Vietnam/Cambodia as both are fantastic places.

Di

I did 3 of the 4 optional trips that were available and you could pay in Sterling, Euros or local currency for each. The hotel in Austria is the nicest one and you really shouldn't worry about it being a bit out of the way as apart from sleeping and eating you won't be spending that much time there! You get plenty of information off the local guides when you do the morning guided tours which will help you decide where to go by yourself later. Everbody has different tastes so i won't make any suggestions, i'm sure you will enjoy whatever you decide on.

Paul

dianejan
(Member)
Thank you for your help Paul

Kind regards

Di

Wilmot
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'dianejan' wrote:

Hi Wilmot

I am also going on the 6th June flying from Manchester. You will need three lots of currency go into other posts on Prague, Vienna and Budapest some information on currency. Stuck on how much to take as we are only in Prague for a short time. One of the guys who went on this holiday was going to post some feedback but hasn't just wondered if he enjoyed it, I am sure we will, look forward to meeting you.What airport are you flying from?

regards

Di

Hi Di

Thanks for that. I'm flying from Heathrow so will meet you there! Looking forward to it. Let's hope the weather is better there than here!

Regards

lk
  • (Member)
(Member)
anyone going to the above on the 16th may?? flying from mancs??

laura