Suzy120
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

I'm new to JY and travelling alone. As its my first trip I thought I'd search for a holiday in Europe to see if 'this' is for me, before looking at long haul holidays. I'm interested in the 4 day break to France - Parisian Delights, possibly in Sept or Oct.

I'm hoping it will be a positive experience, a way of meeting new people, having a laugh, and seeing the world.

I've read some of your comments and most people appear to have a fantastic time and wished they'd gone on their singles holiday sooner. Many of you have been on several which puts me at ease a little and is very encouraging.

One thing I'm particularly worried about is the age mix on the holiday(s) and if they attract a variety of different age groups - hopefully I'll fit in. Can anyone tell me how many people tend to be in the group please, or if you are thinking / going on this holiday?

Thank you,

Suzy120

Inky
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Suzy120' wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to JY and travelling alone. As its my first trip I thought I'd search for a holiday in Europe to see if 'this' is for me, before looking at long haul holidays. I'm interested in the 4 day break to France - Parisian Delights, possibly in Sept or Oct.

I'm hoping it will be a positive experience, a way of meeting new people, having a laugh, and seeing the world.

I've read some of your comments and most people appear to have a fantastic time and wished they'd gone on their singles holiday sooner. Many of you have been on several which puts me at ease a little and is very encouraging.

One thing I'm particularly worried about is the age mix on the holiday(s) and if they attract a variety of different age groups - hopefully I'll fit in. Can anyone tell me how many people tend to be in the group please, or if you are thinking / going on this holiday?

Thank you,

Suzy120

Hi Suzy

Yes I have booked for Parisian Delights on 7 September and am really looking forward to it. Like you I decided to try this before embarking on a longer trip.

I felt it was time I saw a bit of the world but wanted company and this seemed a good way of doing this. Hopefully it will be a positive experience.

I would also be interested in how large the group is, although age doesn't matter to me because I get on well with younger or older people.

Hope you decide to take the plunge.

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

Dont worry about your age. I am 25 and i did the PArisian Delights trip when i was 22 and had an amazing time. People are generally there to have a good time and a huge majority are sociable and you tend to speak to someone with the same attitudes as opposed to age. FOr example, the main treason i went to Paris was to visit the Louvre- and this was true of a few others. The people i spent the majority of my time with were in their 50's/60's and we had a blast! I went to Croatia last year and i still have regularly contact with the women i met their- both in their sixties!

When i went there was about 30 however the group sizes vary quite a lot. When i went to Croatia there was about 40 however when i went to Paris again for the New Year there was about 20!

I have no doubt that you will be fine.

Thanks, Mark