rustyhatch
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Who is going on 23rd May? I'm not doing the cruise as this is my first JY holiday and first time travelling on my own. Anyone else feeling as nervous as I am. Hoping to meet and make some new friends. Can we get a thread going so we sort of know each other before we go?
Caroleod
(Member)
'rustyhatch' wrote:

Who is going on 23rd May? I'm not doing the cruise as this is my first JY holiday and first time travelling on my own. Anyone else feeling as nervous as I am. Hoping to meet and make some new friends. Can we get a thread going so we sort of know each other before we go?

I'm going too and doing the cruise! This will be my second JY and I am more nervous for this one than the last one!!! Looking forward to meeting lots of interesting people and making new friends. See you at the airport.

TraceyT
(Member)
Hi I am going and doing the cruise. This is my third JY Holiday and I can't wait. Postman bought visa application pack this week so we are on countdown.
rustyhatch
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Caroleod' wrote:

'rustyhatch' wrote:

I'm going too and doing the cruise! This will be my second JY and I am more nervous for this one than the last one!!! Looking forward to meeting lots of interesting people and making new friends. See you at the airport.

Why are you more nervous this time? Thought it would be better as you know what to expect

Caroleod
(Member)
'rustyhatch' wrote:

'Caroleod' wrote:

'rustyhatch' wrote:

Why are you more nervous this time? Thought it would be better as you know what to expect

More nervous this time as this trip has so much to live up to! The last trip was an opportunity for me to meet single people and gain from their experiences. It made me realise that I want to travel more and to re-evaluate what i want for my future! I am really looking forward to it, not looking forward to constantly packing and unpacking my case....might concentrate my mind when just throwing things in 'just in case'.

nan00se
(Member)
'rustyhatch' wrote:

i am going on the tour and the cruise-its my first time with JY as well-

nan00se
(Member)
I am going to reply again as i forgotton hit the notification button-looking forward to meeting everyone --getting so excited and apprehensive at the same time-just trying to work out what clothes to take --any ideas,I have to go up to the embassy this month as i am arranging my own visa -so might be able to find out when i am there-i have heard there are a lot of steps up to the great wall so trying to get a bit fit as well.
carol b
(Member)
Hi I'm also booked for the 23rd May with the Yangsee river cruise. I haven't been with Just You before but have been with other single company's (Solo's and Travelone). Just returned the visa application pack and getting excited

Not at all nervous as I know we will all have a great time.

Carol:)

rustyhatch
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nan00se' wrote:

I am going to reply again as i forgotton hit the notification button-looking forward to meeting everyone --getting so excited and apprehensive at the same time-just trying to work out what clothes to take --any ideas,I have to go up to the embassy this month as i am arranging my own visa -so might be able to find out when i am there-i have heard there are a lot of steps up to the great wall so trying to get a bit fit as well.

Have been told to make sure shoes have a good tread for the great wall as it can be very slippery when wet. Don't know whether to have walking shoes or sandals. Do you think a lightweight windproof, waterproof jacket is a good idea. Hope it doesn't rain though

DaveinKent
(Member)
[/size]Hi everyone,

I'm also booked on 23rd May with cruise as well. First time on a singles holiday and a bit apprehensive but looking forward to it. Does anyone have any tips on the best way to take currency ? See you all at the airport.

Caroleod
(Member)
'DaveinKent' wrote:

[/size]Hi everyone,

I'm also booked on 23rd May with cruise as well. First time on a singles holiday and a bit apprehensive but looking forward to it. Does anyone have any tips on the best way to take currency ? See you all at the airport.

I'm just taking sterling in almost new notes and a credit card. We shouldn't need much though as food is included, just shopping!!! Really looking forward to it!

tanyalh
(Member)
It is also useful to take some Chinese Yuan with you as well as there are tips to drivers and local tour guides - not compulsory but I certainly felt that they gave us such a great time it was worth. Also if you want to buy any additional drinks it is a good idea to have some local cash.

With regards to walking on the Great Wall I would say that walking shoes would be the best.

Caroleod
(Member)
'tanyalh' wrote:

It is also useful to take some Chinese Yuan with you as well as there are tips to drivers and local tour guides - not compulsory but I certainly felt that they gave us such a great time it was worth. Also if you want to buy any additional drinks it is a good idea to have some local cash.

With regards to walking on the Great Wall I would say that walking shoes would be the best.

I have just watched Paul Merton's DVD of his 6 week trip around China! Fascinating and very funny, a great insight to what we might see......think I might go Vegetarian though...... I got my copy from the local library!

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello everyone

I am thinking of doing this trip next year as this seems to be a very popular destination. Tanya, do let me know how you get on in China as you are thinking of going vegetarian! I am a vegetarian though do eat eggs and fish sometimes.

Everyone have a great trip.

Jaya