JustAndy103
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All

I am due to go on this trip In April for the second time. And would be thrilled to hear from any fellow travellers. I shall be flying via a connecting flight from Glasgow To Gatwick. If anyone requires any tips, hints or a little advice, Please feel free to get in touch

Regards Andy

loopylou
(Member)
Hi Andy

Sounds like the holiday is good if you are going back again,please could you tell me whether the Bulgarian airline provides any food on board and is it really necessary to take a kettle for morning tea. Thankyou

JustAndy103
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'loopylou' wrote:

Hi Andy

Sounds like the holiday is good if you are going back again,please could you tell me whether the Bulgarian airline provides any food on board and is it really necessary to take a kettle for morning tea. Thankyou

Hi Loopylou.

If you are doing this holiday, One thing I would advise, If you plan to use the beach or pool facilities. Is to take your own towel. As the ones the hotel provide are very good and adequate, But not suitable when sun bathing. I am returning for a second time, By sort of accident, As Just You cancelled my initial holiday to Austria, And therefore had to choose something else. Anyway as far as the airline, You will be given a light snack, & recall from last year, It was a couple of rolls, That could have been used as cricket balls. I am afraid going by last year flying with Bulgarian airlines,The snack wasnt very nice in my opinion.. As for a kettle, I cant recall if we had kettles in the room to be honest, I am pretty sure however, That there was no tea making facilities in the rooms. However as we are going all inclusive, There is ample drink facilities at the various bars etc. Sorry I CaNt be of more use on this one. The hotel also has an Iron room by reception, and there are hair dryers in the rooms.

I hope this helps

Andy

loopylou
(Member)
Thanks very much Andy for your honesty, i will get something to eat at Gatwick. I asked about the kettles because a previous traveller called Spartacus gave advice to take a kettle for morning beverages, i must say i usually manage without as my case is full up with other items. Thanks a lot.
JustAndy103
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'loopylou' wrote:

Thanks very much Andy for your honesty, i will get something to eat at Gatwick. I asked about the kettles because a previous traveller called Spartacus gave advice to take a kettle for morning beverages, i must say i usually manage without as my case is full up with other items. Thanks a lot.

Hi Loopylou.

The flight is only a couple of hours, And if you require to eat on the aircraft. I Would suggest purchasing something from Gatwick prior to take off. Or you could be adventourous like me. And just take it as it comes. As thats what forms part of the trip lol. The hotel and the complex is superb. And The hotel is more or less situated on the beach. There are loads of shops, bars, hair dressers, Gym etc, Indoor and out door pools. And the complex is extremely good. The food is pretty good and plenty of it. Our Tour Manager is a wee gem to as it is the same lady as I had last year. I have asked olly to send the sun this time. However if you like tea in your room, Then I Do ThInK yOu may need to take yout travel kettle. As for me. I will be in one of the bars lol

Regards Andy

loopylou
(Member)
Hi again Andy,another question please for you that i hope you will be able to give some more advice on: are the excursions worth doing and/ or is it possible to travel around on buses etc.

Thanks again

JustAndy103
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Loopylou.

I only did two excursions when I was there, The wine tasting and a lake cruise. They were worth doing I Would say, Even if it is to see what Bulgarian life is like. I have not decided as yet if I Will encounter any excursions as yet. I shall wait until at the resort.

You can get around on bus with the bus stop very close to the hotel, And is very cheap. And you can get buses into Sunny Beach and to Nessebar. Nessebar is also within walking distance if nice.

The hotel complex where we are staying have about a dozen taxis with the Hotel logo on them. And there is a price list by the hotel reception giving destination and prices. However please be careful if you go into one of the towns, Always ask how much the taxi fare will be to the hotel.Before getting in the cab! As the taxis in town will not display the hotel logo. And could well rip you off once at the hotel. Also if possible try and fill the taxi up, e.g 4 people if possible.

I hope this wont make you apprehensive. As it will be fine. It is a pretty decent place, With the hotel staff very helpful and friendly.

You will have a blast

All the best

Andy