Julie White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello everyone,

I have just booked this amazing trip for September. Does anyone have any useful information or tips they can give me. Bit nervous about staying in Johannesberg so any info wolud be great.

best wishes Julie x

:thumbup:

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julie

Which date in September are you going? I've booked the departure on 27th September. If you enter South Africa in the search field you will find previous posts with lots of advice re money, clothes, excursions etc.

Sally

Julie White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Sally,

I am booked to go the 13th September. Thank you for your help re any info.

I am really excited it should be a great experience.

Hope you have a great time.

Best wishes Julie

Solotraveller
(Member)
Hi

I've just come back from this trip, but without the Zambia add-on. What happened with our group was that the Zambia people were taken to their hotel on the way to drop us homeward-bound people at the airport. I imagine they would have been taken direct from the hotel, which was near the airport, straight to the airport for their flight the next day. So they would not have had to go into the centre ofJohannnesburg at all, or even been near it.

Best wishes for your trip. You'll pack a lot in and will have some early starts - but worth it!

Julie White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Solotraveller' wrote:

Hi

I've just come back from this trip, but without the Zambia add-on. What happened with our group was that the Zambia people were taken to their hotel on the way to drop us homeward-bound people at the airport. I imagine they would have been taken direct from the hotel, which was near the airport, straight to the airport for their flight the next day. So they would not have had to go into the centre ofJohannnesburg at all, or even been near it.

Best wishes for your trip. You'll pack a lot in and will have some early starts - but worth it!

Thank you solotraveller for the info. I am really excited I have wanted to go to South africa for a long time sounds like it is a great experience

0413ever
(Member)
'Julie wrote:

Hello Sally,

I am booked to go the 13th September. Thank you for your help re any info.

I am really excited it should be a great experience.

Hope you have a great time.

Best wishes Julie

Hi Julie,

I have just booked this trip for 13th Sep but not with the add on of thr falls, never done this before but look forward to meeting you.

Best wishes

Julie E ;)