popcan
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hello,first timer and was thinking of doing this trip, any thoughts from anyone?? Obviously slightly apprehensive so any feedback would be apprecited thanks.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

I did this tour October 2010, it is a great trip the safari part is wonderfull animals are amazing, I also did the add on at the 2nd hotel which was very nice just to chill and relax.. Why are you feeling apprehensive if there is anything I can help with just ask. I have just come back from my 8th JY tour. There are a couple of video clips on here one from me (nixon) and one from Lovely Lesley have a look at them it might make you feel less worried.

Cindy

popcan
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Well if you're onto your 8th trip I guess they can't be all that bad!!

Thanks for the reply,should just take the plunge and book it.

Kazz
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Popcan....(nice name)

I keep popping back to this site and everytime the Kenya holiday catches my heart................not sure what stops me actually? Scared I imagine although not sure why???.....

Maybe the same thing that holds a lot of people back fear of the unknown.

Help........cannot imagine seeing such a different way of life.....is June a good time?

What would you wear?

Is the all inclusive option sensible? what sort of spending money do you need? where would you buy souviners? I think there are CoOps in Africa for buying gifts?

Tips please....

Lain
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi there. I am doing this as my first trip, Only booked at end Jan and am going in March, wanted to do before I backed out. Really looking forward to it. It seems a popular trip so you are likely to find someone else on the site that may be going when you are thinking of!
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Tips re Kenya Safari

When I went Oct it was very Hot and Humid...

There wasnt an All inclusive option when I went is this to do at the second hotel??? If so there was plenty to eat and breakfast and dinner not much money spent on lunchtime at all, drinks where not that dear..

On safari wear loose clothes and NOT bright yellow orange etc, as attracts the flies, 3/4 shorts vest top and loose shirt fine for the game drive you DO NOT need walking shoes just light shoes as you don't go wandering around you stay IN the JEEP...

Drink plenty of water, as you sweat !!! take plenty of tissues (packets) and wet wipes and hand cleansing gel as you can get sticky and the toilets are an adventure at times.

I did not buy much at all to bring back I am not a lover of wood animals...

at 2nd hotel the treatments are really cheap, I had a lovely massage and manicure, also visited the local childrens aids orphanage and took lots of encils and colouring books etc.

If theres anything else just ask.

Cindy

LolCasanova
(Member)
I'm going in September so am finding all this really helpful. Cindy, in regards to the orphanage, is that something you did during the days in Mombasa and did you buy the pencils etc at home to take? It's something I'd like to do, too
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I bought the cheap set from the pound shop etc pencils and crayons are welcomed by all, the taxi drivers etc..the orphanage was a great (maybe not the right word) place to visit, If you would like I can give you the name Tumaini Childrens Home Orphanage Mombasa Kenya .. it's a taxi ride from the 2nd hotel. You arranged for a taxi to take you there and WAIT for you to bring you back I went with two others ladies I think we booked the taxi for 2 hours and just split the cost x 3. They always want clothes of any size from babies to say 12 bare in mind they are not large children. I would say go if you have the time. (there is a supermaket near by were you can buy stuff as well if you are tight on weight allowence)

Cindy

PaulineE
(Member)
'LolCasanova' wrote:

I'm going in September so am finding all this really helpful. Cindy, in regards to the orphanage, is that something you did during the days in Mombasa and did you buy the pencils etc at home to take? It's something I'd like to do, too

I'm thinking of going in September. Are you doing the add on?

Sue Southampton
(Member)
'popcan' wrote:

hello,first timer and was thinking of doing this trip, any thoughts from anyone?? Obviously slightly apprehensive so any feedback would be apprecited thanks.

Sue Southampton

I am going to Kenya on the 6th June and like you I am very nervous. Like you I need all the help I can get but it is exciting at the same time. I hope more people going on that date will write in as it would be much easier to know some of the people in advance.

darren136
(Member)
'Kazz' wrote:

I keep popping back to this site and everytime the Kenya holiday catches my heart................not sure what stops me actually? Scared I imagine although not sure why???.....

Help........cannot imagine seeing such a different way of life.....is June a good time?

What would you wear?

Is the all inclusive option sensible? what sort of spending money do you need? where would you buy souviners? I think there are CoOps in Africa for buying gifts?

Tips please....

Hi I am new as well and I have booked my first jy trip to Kenya in June and I under stand that June is best if you don't like it to hot and am so looking forward to it

Regards darren

Kazz
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hiya

Just back from Tunisia today booked and went alone, pottered about by taxi and train. Tempted by Kenya really tempted, June is perfect for me is anyone doing the add on? I really just want to see the animals.

darren136
(Member)
'Kazz' wrote:

Hiya

Just back from Tunisia today booked and went alone, pottered about by taxi and train. Tempted by Kenya really tempted, June is perfect for me is anyone doing the add on? I really just want to see the animals.

Hi have booked for June and doing the add on bit also there is another lady doing it too

Sue Southampton
(Member)
'Kazz' wrote:

What would you wear?

Tips please....

Hi this is Sue

I have booked Kenya for 6th June as a first timer. I am extremely nervous about going but it does sound great fun. If you do decide to go try and get this date and we can exchange email addresses and chat about things ie what to pack, money etc. It is always good to know someone before going and perhaps meeting up outside the airport as that is almost the most worrying part. I hope you decide to go.

Sue Southampton