tishtosh84
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all,

As my Italy trip will be my first JY trip I was wondering how much to take. I know I will be paying for 1 meal a day but I will want to also buy presents and souvenirs. So what are prices like and how much would you recommend.

Thank you 🙂

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have done 8 JY tours now, and with regard to money I always take to much as I would hate to miss out on something, So take enough money for eating and drinking out if not included and some extra incase a odd trip might come up or you might see soething you would like to do. I don't tend to but many things to bring home as a lot nowadays is just for the tourist. Also take a credit card just in case and notify them your going to Italy so they Know. I went on the highlights of Tuscany last year and enjoyed it very much

Cindy

SylviaJ
(Member)
'tishtosh84' wrote:

Hi all,

As my Italy trip will be my first JY trip I was wondering how much to take. I know I will be paying for 1 meal a day but I will want to also buy presents and souvenirs. So what are prices like and how much would you recommend.

Thank you :)

Hi Tishtosh

You don't say which holiday in Italy you are taking or when. I've been twice - Sicily for 8 days (October) and Italian Dolomites (Christmas). On all my hols, I normally set a generous budget of £100 a day to cover food, drink, gifts etc and always come home with plenty left over. If there is the option to pre-book excursions I would recommend you do that. There might also be hidden extras on the included excursions ie entrance fees. You can always use your debit/credit cards if you run out of money. So, set yourself a daily budget and times it by length of holiday and bingo.

Hope this helps.

Sylvia

tishtosh84
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'SylviaJ' wrote:

'tishtosh84' wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you :)

Hi Tishtosh

You don't say which holiday in Italy you are taking or when. I've been twice - Sicily for 8 days (October) and Italian Dolomites (Christmas). On all my hols, I normally set a generous budget of £100 a day to cover food, drink, gifts etc and always come home with plenty left over. If there is the option to pre-book excursions I would recommend you do that. There might also be hidden extras on the included excursions ie entrance fees. You can always use your debit/credit cards if you run out of money. So, set yourself a daily budget and times it by length of holiday and bingo.

Hope this helps.

Sylvia

Yes, sorry, im going to the classic cities of italy holiday starting on the 10th of May, and its for 7 nights. Thsnk you for your advice :)