Woodz
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I am new to JY and have booked my first holiday going to America's Golden West on 28 May, Getting excited and nervous now as I don't know what to expect looking forward to seeing places I've only ever seen on films and the tv. Would love to hear from others on the same trip and others who have already done this trip. J

anni
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Woodz' wrote:

Hi, I am new to JY and have booked my first holiday going to America's Golden West on 28 May, Getting excited and nervous now as I don't know what to expect looking forward to seeing places I've only ever seen on films and the tv. Would love to hear from others on the same trip and others who have already done this trip. J

Hello Woodz and welcome to Just You, I am on the Golden West holiday on 28th May too! I'm travelling direct from Manchester to San Francisco via Atlanta, where are you flying from? This is my 3rd JY holiday, they are a fantastic company to travel with, they look after you so well, there is usually a good mixture of ages, I like to think of myself as a young at heart 69year old!

best wishes ~ Anni

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Well in my opinion you've selected the perfect choice for tour first JY holiday.

Golden West was my first choice back in June 2010 and it sold me on JY, I've just booked my 6th holiday with the company.

What to expect, fantastic sites, fantastic experience and of course you'll make some new friends. The holiday is very hectic with early starts and late nights but its well worth it just to see what you do.

Mick

Woodz
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Anni & Mick

Great to hear you recommend this trip. So many things to do and see that I think I may have to book another week off work just to catch up on some sleep !!. as I intend to pack in as much as I can.

Looking forward to meeting with you Anni I live in the East Midlands and will be flying out from Heathrow, have decided to go down the day before and stop overnight somewhere near Heathrow so that it isn't too much of a rush on the day.

Janet

sazzle
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi guys

I am also booked onto this trip on 28th May. Cant wait! I have travelled a few times with a similar company but never with JU so a little apprehensive. But sounds like we are going to have a great time! Sarah

anni
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sazzle' wrote:

Hi guys

I am also booked onto this trip on 28th May. Cant wait! I have travelled a few times with a similar company but never with JU so a little apprehensive. But sounds like we are going to have a great time! Sarah

Hello Sarah and Janet

Well only about 4 months to go, this will be one great holiday! are either of you planning on visiting Alcatraz while we're in San Francisco? people who have been, say that it's best to pre-book it before you go, it's not a Just You trip, but there is a special Alcatraz web site, where you can get tickets from, think I might do that, as apparently, it can be difficult getting tickets on the day, during high season.

Bye for now ~ Annie

sueb.1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi everyone

After reading all your posts really got excited about my forthcoming trip so just joined the community. I too am off to the America's Golden West but going March 5th, I'm travelling from Manchester but getting a connecting flight from Manchester to Heathrow.

This is my first JY trip and don't really know what to expect. I would love to hear from anyone, especially if you are going the same time as me.

Hope to hear soon.

Sue

saints96
(Member)
hi

im on the may 28th trip to. i have done this tour before with just you and it was amazing, got a couple of thigs in mind i would like to do in san francisco such as alcatraz and maybe taking in a baseball game as the stadium is quite close to the hotel and is a short taxi ride away (thats if theres a game on). Universal studios was a highlight for me in Los Angeles so aswell as the included day there im thinking of going there on my own accord for an extra day there. Then theres the grand canyon, i dont think i will be doing it this time as i did it on my last trip there but if you havent been there then i would book it, i did the trip with the helicopter and boat ride included which was more expensive but well worth it. looking forward to going back again.

sandybill1946
(Member)
Hello Woodz, I am going to the Golden West on 28th May from Manchester and am looking forward to it very much. Did my first JU trip last June to Tuscany and really enjoyed it. I was very impressed with the organisation. Don't be worried you will enjoy it. Sandie
sazzle
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi guys

I would really love to do Alcatraz but will it work out ok with the timings of the tour? If anyone is thinking of purchasing tickets, please let me know and I will also book.

Thanks

Sarah

sazzle
  • (Member)
(Member)
'anni' wrote:

'sazzle' wrote:

Hi guys

Hello Sarah and Janet

Well only about 4 months to go, this will be one great holiday! are either of you planning on visiting Alcatraz while we're in San Francisco? people who have been, say that it's best to pre-book it before you go, it's not a Just You trip, but there is a special Alcatraz web site, where you can get tickets from, think I might do that, as apparently, it can be difficult getting tickets on the day, during high season.

Bye for now ~ Annie

Hi guys

I would really love to do Alcatraz but will it work out ok with the timings of the tour? If anyone is thinking of purchasing tickets, please let me know and I will also book.

Thanks

Sarah

sazzle
  • (Member)
(Member)
'saints96' wrote:

hi

im on the may 28th trip to. i have done this tour before with just you and it was amazing, got a couple of thigs in mind i would like to do in san francisco such as alcatraz and maybe taking in a baseball game as the stadium is quite close to the hotel and is a short taxi ride away (thats if theres a game on). Universal studios was a highlight for me in Los Angeles so aswell as the included day there im thinking of going there on my own accord for an extra day there. Then theres the grand canyon, i dont think i will be doing it this time as i did it on my last trip there but if you havent been there then i would book it, i did the trip with the helicopter and boat ride included which was more expensive but well worth it. looking forward to going back again.

Hi

Were you able to book the helicopter flight when you got to the Grand Canyon or did you book in advance of the holiday?

Best wishes

Sarah

sazzle
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Everyone

I would definitely be up for doing Alcatraz if there are others that want to as well. If anyone is booking in advance, please let me know and I will join in the plans. Does the tour allow the time for us to do this?

Does anyone know if we are able to book the helicopter flight when we get to the Grand Canyon or do you have to book this in advance of the holiday too?

Best Regards

Sarah

sazzle
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

Trying my post again as they don't seem to be going on.

To Annie - I would love to do Alcatraz but not sure if the tour permits the time? Do you know? If you are booking, I would like to as well so let me know what arrangements you make.

To Saints 96 - Do you know whether I can book the helicopter flight when I get there or do I have to book in advance?

Best Regards

Sarah

Woodz
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all

Anyone flying from Heathrow? I've booked into a hotel for the Sunday night

Still can't decide whether or not to do the Alcatraz trip, am going to do the harbour cruise but think will leave off making a decision about actually going to Alcatraz until I'm there. Also want to do the helicopter and boat at the Grand Canyon so any feedback would be appreciated.

saints96
(Member)
hi sarah

I booked the grand canyon trip whilst in america, i booked a tour that included all 3 trips. the plane trip, the helicopter and the boat trip all in one. it was the dearest trip but well worth it, you also got luunch included in the trip. you still may be able to book it pre holiday if you just ring just you and speak to an advisor with your booking reference they will be able to tell you if you can pre book or not.

Tinamarina
(Member)
'sueb.1' wrote:

Hi everyone

After reading all your posts really got excited about my forthcoming trip so just joined the community. I too am off to the America's Golden West but going March 5th, I'm travelling from Manchester but getting a connecting flight from Manchester to Heathrow.

This is my first JY trip and don't really know what to expect. I would love to hear from anyone, especially if you are going the same time as me.

Hope to hear soon.

Sue

Hi Sue,

Just found your post - I am going on this trip on March 5th - meet up with you at Heathrow - Really looking forward to it now.:thumbup: