ALED
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone

Any one thinking of booking Catalonia/Barcelona this year? and has anyone been previously, grateful for any recommendations and tips.

Thanks

Faith
  • (Member)
(Member)
'ALED' wrote:

Hi everyone

Any one thinking of booking Catalonia/Barcelona this year? and has anyone been previously, grateful for any recommendations and tips.

Thanks

Faith
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Aled

I did this holiday last spring and enjoyed it. Hotel small compared with some of the holidays, but I liked it, the room was nice, the food was fine and the staff were lovely. My only comment would be that although our quite large group had one side of the restaurant to ourselves, because of the space available nearly all the tables were for four people. Unfortunately everyone seemed to siit in the same places they sat the first evening which meant we did not mix as much at meal times as on previous holidays, but there were plenty of other opportunities to do that. The excursions were good and very well organised. Our Just You rep was Sue, and I do hope she will be there for your as she was really great. I can not praise her enough.

Have a good holiday.

ALED
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Faith' wrote:

Hello Aled

I did this holiday last spring and enjoyed it. Hotel small compared with some of the holidays, but I liked it, the room was nice, the food was fine and the staff were lovely. My only comment would be that although our quite large group had one side of the restaurant to ourselves, because of the space available nearly all the tables were for four people. Unfortunately everyone seemed to siit in the same places they sat the first evening which meant we did not mix as much at meal times as on previous holidays, but there were plenty of other opportunities to do that. The excursions were good and very well organised. Our Just You rep was Sue, and I do hope she will be there for your as she was really great. I can not praise her enough.

Have a good holiday.

Hi Faith

Thanks for your response. Hotel looks good and hopefully weather in May would be too. Is there lots to and see in Calella? I know there is a day excursion to go to Barcelona but I reckon I would need at least another day there too to see everything. Any other excursions worth doing.

Cheers

Aled

magpie10
(Member)
Hi Aled,

I'm going on this trip on 1st May and I'm really looking forward to it. I agree with you, I think I'd need to go back into Barcelona for a second day too - there'll be loads to see. I'm planning to do both optional excursions whilst I'm there as I haven't been before so I love seeing as much as I can. I was in Lake Garda last year and we got a free day, so if this tour's the same, then I'm sure you could do that.

Caroline

ALED
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'magpie10' wrote:

Hi Aled,

I'm going on this trip on 1st May and I'm really looking forward to it. I agree with you, I think I'd need to go back into Barcelona for a second day too - there'll be loads to see. I'm planning to do both optional excursions whilst I'm there as I haven't been before so I love seeing as much as I can. I was in Lake Garda last year and we got a free day, so if this tour's the same, then I'm sure you could do that.

Caroline

ALED
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there Caroline

Great to hear from you, I'm flying from Manchester. Apparently you can get the train to Barca for 6 Euros, I have been there on a day trip from Salou many years ago but looking forward to exploring in depth. I'm not sure about the optional excursions yet will decide when I get there.....

Lake Garda is another one I have thought of but the hotel does not get complimentary reviews on this forum.

Aled

magpie10
(Member)
Hi Aled,

That sounds great if you can get to Barca easily. I'm flying from Newcastle, but I flew from Manchester last time and it was fine.

The hotel in Lake Garda was fine for me, though I know a few people on my tour thought it was a bit out of the way. I was out every day, even on the free day our tour guide arranged for us to go to a local market and a couple of local villages, so I wasn't at the hotel that much through the day. We had our own apartments so you had a bedroom, bathroom, sitting room and kitchenette each and it was ultra modern, and most importantly for me, it was clean, so it wasn't a problem. Just depends on what you're expecting really. I wouldn't let it put you off going to Lake Garda though.

Caroline

ALED
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'magpie10' wrote:

Hi Aled,

That sounds great if you can get to Barca easily. I'm flying from Newcastle, but I flew from Manchester last time and it was fine.

The hotel in Lake Garda was fine for me, though I know a few people on my tour thought it was a bit out of the way. I was out every day, even on the free day our tour guide arranged for us to go to a local market and a couple of local villages, so I wasn't at the hotel that much through the day. We had our own apartments so you had a bedroom, bathroom, sitting room and kitchenette each and it was ultra modern, and most importantly for me, it was clean, so it wasn't a problem. Just depends on what you're expecting really. I wouldn't let it put you off going to Lake Garda though.

Caroline

ALED
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Caroline

Yes I think you get up and down the coast quite easily too to other resorts. Hopefully the holiday won't be cancelled/postponed as a USA was for me in the past.

I'll hang fire on Lake Garda but thanks for the recommendation - you're right cleanliness it the main thing isn't it.

Aled

magpie10
(Member)
Hi Aled,

That sounds good if you can get around easily once you're there.

I hope they don't cancel it either - I've been trying to pay my balance all weekend on-line and it won't let me. I've e-mailed customer services about it and I'm waiting for a reply before I ring them tomorrow.

Caroline

magpie10
(Member)
I managed to get my holiday paid for so it's all going ahead as planned. I'm reallly looking forward to it now, just counting down. Anybody else flying from Heathrow? I'm flying from Newcastle to Heathrow.