shuggieduggie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
his anyone been in october, what's weather like, i've read that it can be cold at altitude, how cold are we talking about?
martini2429
(Member)
Hi,

I did this trip about 3 years ago in Sep/Oct, just to let you know in one day we had sunshine/rain/snow, it wasn't too cold, we did the trip north to south (going south to north now I believe), and as we left the Yellowstone area the snow came in behind us, so if you go south to north you may hit the snow, it does get cold at night though, especially around the grand canyon area, so be prepared for all types of weather.

Have a great trip

regards,

Martin

shuggieduggie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
think an earlier date might be better then 🙂
allannaylor123@btinternet.com
(Member)
'shuggieduggie' wrote:

his anyone been in october, what's weather like, i've read that it can be cold at altitude, how cold are we talking about?

No, but my plan is to go on the Oct one too, so I'll watch for responses and if I find out from other sources then I'll let you know. Oh, and hello, I'm Allan, 50, and have never been further than Turkey before, so this would/will be a major adventure for me and I can't wait to be there.

shuggieduggie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi Allan, i did America's Golden West last year and loved it, spoke to someone on trip who'd done the parks and canyons previously and said she thought it was even better than AWG, now thinking of going in June but waiting on confirmation of whether i can get time off work, then need to be fingers crossed still space available on June Tour