sunnysmile
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Help! I have booked my first holiday with JustYou to Italy's Cilento 15th May 2012 and am feeling a bit nervous. Any comments re this holiday? I hope as an active retiree in early 70's I won't be too aged. Carol:huh:
bondensbabe
(Member)
Hi Carol. I went on this holiday last May. It was my first holiday with JustYou and I really enjoyed it. The hotel is glorious, friendly helpful staff, and good food. The rooms are amazing. San Marco is a lovely little place with friendly people but it's only a small village with very limited shopping. Santa Maria the next village/town is bigger with a decent range of shops, banks etc. You can find most things there. There is a bus service there although I never used it as I walked along the beach to it which was wonderful.

In your room you will have a security safe, and a fridge/mini bar. I think all the rooms have balconeys, and they have great views out onto the sea or onto the marina. Breakfast in the morning is buffet style and there really is everything you can think of including bacon and scrambled eggs. The evening meal is waiter served with good choices.

I went in May too and found it cool in the hotel at night as the front lounges don't have windows. My advice is to pack some warmer clothes for then as I found it got a bit chilly. There is plenty of seating inside by the bar though, which incidentally is not a cash bar, you have a card and pay for everything at the end of the week. The tap water is not drinkable so you can get bottled water from the bar, or there is a basic friendly supermarket in the village. We had 2 evenings of live music in the hotel which was nice.

As for the included trips? I enjoyed them on the whole. If you are active you will have no problems, just pack good walking shoes! The only thing I will say is that the area is quite remote so on trips you do tend to spend quite a lot of time on the coach to get anywhere.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask! We had a very wide range of ages and most everyone managed very well. I have decided yet what I am doing this year, but I am strongly tempted to go back as I loved the place so much. So you never know. We may meet up!

janeyalan
(Member)
'sunnysmile' wrote:

Help! I have booked my first holiday with JustYou to Italy's Cilento 15th May 2012 and am feeling a bit nervous. Any comments re this holiday? I hope as an active retiree in early 70's I won't be too aged. Carol:huh:

Went on this trip last year in April, it was a beautiful destination and I am sure you will really enjoy it.

patricebry
(Member)
'sunnysmile' wrote:

Hi!

I went to the Cilento Coast last September and it was FAB-U-LOUS! The hotel was beautiful, - all rooms with balcony over looking the sea, good excursions, - especially the cruise. You're certainly having a good introduction to Just You with that holiday.

I'm also an active 73 year old and I'm going to China in September!!

Enjoy!,

Pat

Packandgo
(Member)
I had a lovely holiday here in September. You have nothing to worry about. Lovely scenary and friendly hotel and my travelling companions were great company and a lot of fun. Enjoy!
janicek
(Member)
Hi,

I too have booked this trip 13th-20th May 2012 (are you sure you have your dates right?!) This will be my 4th holiday with Just You, always had a wonderful time so please don't worry. I am sure this will be the first of many.

I'm 46 by the way but age is just a number on these holidays!

Janice

sunnysmile
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'bondensbabe' wrote:

Hi Carol. I went on this holiday last May. It was my first holiday with JustYou and I really enjoyed it. The hotel is glorious, friendly helpful staff, and good food. The rooms are amazing. San Marco is a lovely little place with friendly people but it's only a small village with very limited shopping. Santa Maria the next village/town is bigger with a decent range of shops, banks etc. You can find most things there. There is a bus service there although I never used it as I walked along the beach to it which was wonderful.

In your room you will have a security safe, and a fridge/mini bar. I think all the rooms have balconeys, and they have great views out onto the sea or onto the marina. Breakfast in the morning is buffet style and there really is everything you can think of including bacon and scrambled eggs. The evening meal is waiter served with good choices.

I went in May too and found it cool in the hotel at night as the front lounges don't have windows. My advice is to pack some warmer clothes for then as I found it got a bit chilly. There is plenty of seating inside by the bar though, which incidentally is not a cash bar, you have a card and pay for everything at the end of the week. The tap water is not drinkable so you can get bottled water from the bar, or there is a basic friendly supermarket in the village. We had 2 evenings of live music in the hotel which was nice.

As for the included trips? I enjoyed them on the whole. If you are active you will have no problems, just pack good walking shoes! The only thing I will say is that the area is quite remote so on trips you do tend to spend quite a lot of time on the coach to get anywhere.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask! We had a very wide range of ages and most everyone managed very well. I have decided yet what I am doing this year, but I am strongly tempted to go back as I loved the place so much. So you never know. We may meet up!

Many thanks, really helpful. Thought it would be warmer in May though. Not shure why at 73 I'm listed as a junior member!

bondensbabe
(Member)
'sunnysmile' wrote:

'bondensbabe' wrote:

Many thanks, really helpful. Thought it would be warmer in May though. Not shure why at 73 I'm listed as a junior member!

I think the junir member thing has to do with how many posts you have made! And normally it would be warmer in May. It was only the beginning of the holiday that wasnt so warm. When it warmed up it REALLY did! The only reason I mentioned it being cooler at night is that the seats in the lounges looking out to the Marina have not got glass in them!

sunnysmile
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'janicek' wrote:

Hi,

I too have booked this trip 13th-20th May 2012 (are you sure you have your dates right?!) This will be my 4th holiday with Just You, always had a wonderful time so please don't worry. I am sure this will be the first of many.

Janice

Thanks Janice, U R right, it is 13th May (memory obviously seizing up!) Someone else I know slightly is also going but is very quiet so may do her own thing. Look forward to meeting you. Just trying to get the hang of this system. Carol

SmilerYorkshire
(Member)
Hello everyone. Am thinking also about booking this holiday but for 1st July departure. Has anyone else booked this date? Feeling v nervous as it will be my first ever solo holiday at 47. Looks a beautiful hotel & stunning sceanery. Look forward to hearing from you:)
SmilerYorkshire
(Member)
'sunnysmile' wrote:

'janicek' wrote:

Hi,

Janice

Thanks Janice, U R right, it is 13th May (memory obviously seizing up!) Someone else I know slightly is also going but is very quiet so may do her own thing. Look forward to meeting you. Just trying to get the hang of this system. Carol

Hello, just joined & trying to get used to system myself. Never travelled solo but this holiday has definitely caught my eye. Is anyone going 1st July?? I'm 46 - whats the typical age range? A nervous, but excited lady. Jane:)

patm1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Have just booked this holiday for Sept (9th). Sounds like I have made a good choice from reading the messages
janice k
(Member)
Hi Sunnysmile,

Just got balance reminder for our trip in May with details of the prebookable excursions. I think I'll just go ahead and book the package, may as well see as much as possible. Any thoughts?

look forward to meeting you at the airport.

Janice

SJAW
  • (Member)
(Member)
'janicek' wrote:

Hi,

Janice

Hi I have booked this holiday too have heard only good things about the location and hotel so really looking forward to 4th JY holiday

Sylvi

janice k
(Member)
Hi Sylvi,

Yes, very positive reports about this holiday. Are you going 13th May as well?

Janice

SJAW
  • (Member)
(Member)
'janice wrote:

Hi Sylvi,

Yes, very positive reports about this holiday. Are you going 13th May as well?

Janice

Hi Janice

yes I am going 13th May really looking forward to it

Sylvi :thumbup:

janice k
(Member)
See you then Sylvi, look forward to meeting everyone.

Janice