tarasmith252002
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All

I am booked on the america golden west - sept 3rd and i am Looking to find anyone who has booked onto this trip also?

Tara

Alan J
  • (Member)
(Member)
'tarasmith252002' wrote:

Hi All

I am booked on the america golden west - sept 3rd and i am Looking to find anyone who has booked onto this trip also?

Tara

Hi Tara

I am also booked on this holiday . Coming to Heathrow from Manchester

Have done this holiday before so this is an indication of how much I enjoyed it last time

Alan J

Alan J
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Tara

I am also booked on this holiday coming down from Manchester to Heathrow

Have done this trip before which is a good indication of how much I enjoyed it

Alan J

tarasmith252002
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Alan

What is the trip like ? Any highlights? theres lots of excurison available - maybe you can recommend what there like and the best ones?

Hope to hear back.

Tara

Alan J
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Alan wrote:

'tarasmith252002' wrote:

Hi All

Tara

Hi Tara

Holiday is very hectic, don't think you will be having a rest

San Francisco was great but cool (people bought fleeces last time)

Plan on going to Alcatraz this time which I didn't before. Went on the harbour cruise which goes under the Golden Gate and rode on the cable car which you must do

Didn't go to Universal Studios last time which hope to do this time

Want to visit the Queen Mary in Long Beach

There isn't much in Palm Springs except warm weather . I did go on the stars homes tour last time which is just looking at some big gates of old movie stars homes mostly dead.......wouldn't do it again. Didn't think much of the Living Desert tour either. Have heard that the Aerial Tramway is quite good so probably will do that instead

Went on the flight over The Grand Canyon last time , not good with heights so had one eye closed most of the time !!!!

Las Vegas is something else and would like to go to the show in the evening this time

You need to do what appeals to you but you will have a ball, I did and needed to come home for a rest

If there is anything else you need to know just ask

Alan J

tarasmith252002
(Member) (Topic Starter)
HI Alan

Thanks for getting back to me, wow it all sounds pretty great. So far i have booked the rat pack in vegas, unverisal studios and palm springs what ever that one is lol...

Wouldnt mind doing the cable car and Aerial Tramway.Im not to good with heights but hey you only live once so its got to be done.

Ive bever been to vegas so im looking forward to the show and the pretty lights.

Is it a very mixed age range on these trips, its my first trip and im a bit nervous.

Oh what are the hotels like , nice?

Tara

Alan J
  • (Member)
(Member)
'tarasmith252002' wrote:

Hi Tara

It is usually a very mixed age group in my experience with ladies outnumbering men. Don't worry everyone usually gets on well

The only hotel I can comment on is the Stratosphere in Vegas as all of the others have been changed since I last went. It is large (as they all are) with hundreds of rooms. You must go up the tower as there is a bar and revolving restaurant on the top and you can see right down The Strip (the main street)

Just going into the other hotels is an experience in itself. For example The Venetian witth a replica of the Grand Canal inside, The Luxor which is built like a Pyramid and The Bellagio which has an illuminated fountain show in the front at night...........it is all so over the top it has to be seen to be believed

This holiday like all others is what you make of it, no need to be nervous you should have have a great time and hopefully meet some nice people

Alan J