Rachael
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
First, not seen anyone saying they are going. I guess some other people are......

Second, from those who have been, I know this is as long as a piece of string, but how much currency did you take? I've read about taking nice clean £20 notes. And I know all meals are included so it's just drinks/snacks and souvenirs.

I was thinking £200 sterling and £200 Chinese?

Thanks

Rachael

TerriJo
(Member)
I'm booked for 14 Jan and have been wondering the exact same thing. Also, do we need injections? What did other people do that have already been? Plus any other tips/advice very gratefully received!

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
TerriJo

Regarding injection for JY tours, it is always best to check with your own doctor or pratice nurse who would be able to advise you what you might or might not need. I have not been on this tour but I know it is a very popular choice. Have FUN!!

Cindy

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi Rachael & TerriJo

Oh boy have you both picked a good trip!

I did this in March and it was cold then so I am sure it will be cold for you but this really was a great experience - the Great Wall is amazing!

Ok - currency - one of the Tour Managers who regularly does this trip advised me to take £50 worth of Yuan and exchange the rest of my Sterling in China as the exchange rate is better and everywhere has to give exactly the same exchange rate. The hotel Reception will exchange Sterling for you - and Yes clean £20 notes are best. Also take your credit &/or debit cards (but remember to notify your bank and CC company so they will not block your cards.) China is shoppers heaven! How much money you take is a personal choice.

Electrical adaptors are the small 2 pin European type for Beijing & Xian but we needed the 2 flat pin type with moveable pins (as for Australia etc.) up in Chengde. If you have any problems your tour manager will help, so don't worry.

I had the Hep A injection - plus the triple Tetanus/Diphtheria/Polio (as this was out-of-date in my case).

You may not have many other people who are also on your trip respond on here as not everyone uses the Community site.

Have a fantastic holiday - both of you.

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel:

Rachael
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Lesley!
Joanna
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rachel

I'm heading out to China over Christmas - departing Heathrow on the 20th Dec and am really looking forward to it!

Nice to hear I won't be on my own. See you at Heathrow - not long now.

Kind regards Joanna

'Rachael' wrote:

First, not seen anyone saying they are going. I guess some other people are......

Second, from those who have been, I know this is as long as a piece of string, but how much currency did you take? I've read about taking nice clean £20 notes. And I know all meals are included so it's just drinks/snacks and souvenirs.

I was thinking £200 sterling and £200 Chinese?

Thanks

Rachael

Rachael
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Joanna,

I asked on the other bit of the forum about a week ago and was told 19 of us were booked in so sounds like a nice size.

Rachael