Amybillie26
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all,

after reading some of the posts on here i have decided to take the plunge and book a holiday to travel alone. The only thing i am concerned about is meeting people my own age. I am 26, and have no problem at all mixing with people who are older or younger, but it would be nice if there where people travelling my age. Can anyone advise??

Thank you in advance

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Amibillie26

Hello to you, as you say you would be a younger one in the group. If you have a holiday in mind ring the number and see if the girls on the phones in the office could tell you the age range of who has booked. Or post a message on here about a peticular trip and see if anybody is going. NOT!!! every one uses these boards so I would ring the office and see if they can help you.

Good Luck ..

Cindy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've done 4 trips 2 of which the youngest would be around your age on the other trips the youngest was mid thirties.

Why not ask the editor the age range of the holiday you fancy before you book to get a idea.

wardal
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hiya Amybillie26

I too am new to travelling alone and have been looking on this site. I am 32 and will probably book up for Magic of Kenya for Oct 2012 (if i can get the money together)

From everything I have read on this forum - this certainly seems the best way forward.

Good Luck

Amanda

Amybillie26
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you for all your advice, it is really helpful :o) i am hoping to book one of the america touring holidays for next year, so excited!!
mairead
(Member)
Hi i've just submitted a similar question. I'm 35 and am seriously thinking about booking something soon. I'm going to take the advice on here and try to speak to someone about the holiday that would be best for my age group....You've made me feel old now lol
soundman
(Member)
I'm new to this also and taking my time mulling over which holiday to go for.

Choosing to book a holiday on my own does feel a bit like a lottery in the respect that I won't have met anyone before but it's also an exciting prospect and something to look forward to.

Mairhead, I was wondering if you'd managed to find out where was suggested for people in our age group?

clairb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi i've just booked my first Just You Holiday, Route 66 in Oct 12.

I was wondering if anybody else has booked this tour

It was a big plunge booking my first and i am looking to make friends in advance.

Lain
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, yes she does make us feel old, I am 42. Was looking at city break or even Kenya. I am the same, not bothered with wide range of ages but would like a couple of same decade aswell 🙂
mairead
(Member)
'soundman' wrote:

I'm new to this also and taking my time mulling over which holiday to go for.

Choosing to book a holiday on my own does feel a bit like a lottery in the respect that I won't have met anyone before but it's also an exciting prospect and something to look forward to.

Mairhead, I was wondering if you'd managed to find out where was suggested for people in our age group?

Not yet....going to look at the brochure properly then speak to someone

Amybillie26
(Member) (Topic Starter)
lol,sorry everyone i didnt mean to make any one feel old, i feel old myself tbh!! :o)

i am still trying to decide where to go, can anyone suggest anything??? still thinking of the USA, but i dont know which trip to take.........

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Americas Golden West is a fantastic trip, very hectic but you see so much.

Also done Parks & Canyons which is also good.

I'm hoping to do Route 66 at some stage.

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I HAVE DONE 3 USA tours all have been great. Just pick the one you fancy the most read up on what you will be seeing and doing and then just go for it.

I have done Boston New England and New York ..really good

Nashville and Memphis love this sort of music so great time was had.

East Coastliner this was a very good tour for the Cival war side of things, and so much to see very worth while going on.

Cindy