manda_1986
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am newly single and desperately need a holiday! I love excursion holidays but am concerned I won't be with anyone close to my age! I have no problem travelling with people of different ages and think you can make new friends no matter their age. It would just be good to know I won't be the youngest by 20 years! Also I am considering a discover weekend. Has any one been on one and are they any good?

Thanks

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Manda

Welcome to you to be honest a tricky question to answer, so I shall be honest to you, I have done 7 JY tours I an now 52, you would indeed be a YOUNG one with in the group, main age range 55-70 with younger and older, I was 48 when I started, what I would say is this, that age is not a problem there are many people who are so MUCH fitter than I am. I love to hear the stores from people. There are some very game oldies on these tours they really do go for it. WHich I so admire. The youngest that has been on a tour with my trips has been 30, she got on fantastic with everyone, ended up being like a daughter to some of us while we were away.

I have not done a discovery weekend my first trip was Boston New ENgland and New York, I just went for it. If you DO go for a discovery weekend it would give you a honest idea of the age and style of people.

I hope that age does not put you off, as if there are tours you want to do, in a safe way and see the world, I hope that you GO FOR IT..

Cindy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Its a tough question and on the four holidays I've done you would have been the youngest. Saying that two of the trips did have Ladies in their late 20's and the other two the youngest would have been in their 30's.

There is a wide range of ages on the trips but the most popular age range is 50's & 60's, I'll add from my experience everyone does mix well.

Just a suggestion before you book you could use "ask the editor" section of this forum to ask Olly the age range already booked on the holiday you are looking at.

Mick

matthew tremlett
(Member)
hi

well i have just booked my first Just You holiday the Wonder of China leaving on the 12th of Jan 2012 and i am only 22 years old so i think i am going to be the youngest on that trip. i haven done a discovery weekend before

janeyalan
(Member)
Hi, I think it depends on the type of trip you opt for, I went to china last year, and the ages ranged from early 20's up to late 60's, while trip to Italy seemed to have a higher age range, Costa Rica this summer and youngest in group was in her 30's, but regardless of age everyone was very friendly, just remember age is only a number, good luck with your choice
John Hunt
(Member)
Hi there,

The youngest person on one of the groups I have travelled with was 20 - and she had travelled before. Everyone had a great time (the oldest in that group was nearly 80).

Have fun when you go.

John.

'manda_1986' wrote:

I am newly single and desperately need a holiday! I love excursion holidays but am concerned I won't be with anyone close to my age! I have no problem travelling with people of different ages and think you can make new friends no matter their age. It would just be good to know I won't be the youngest by 20 years! Also I am considering a discover weekend. Has any one been on one and are they any good?

Thanks