Borderreiver
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there, is anybody going to the Dolomites at Christmas? I've booked my first hol with Just You and am really looking forward to it though a little nervous!! Would love to hear from anyone else who may be going...

Thanks,

Paul

shirleywirley
(Member)
[/font][font=Arial]
'Borderreiver' wrote:

Hi there, is anybody going to the Dolomites at Christmas? I've booked my first hol with Just You and am really looking forward to it though a little nervous!! Would love to hear from anyone else who may be going...

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,not sure if I am doing this right, bit of a "grey surfer". I am on this trip and although I have been before with Just You, I still get nervous. The Dolomites are worth seeing and I went there a couple of years ago at Christmas and the scenery is beautiful. I haven't been to Croatia but this looks good too! The Just You people look after you very well and although we all start off as strangers, personally I had a great time and the group all got on well together. I think the main thing is to take what comes and retain your sense of humour!

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hello Paul

I'm doing the Dolomites at Christmas but its 23 December and includes Croatia for New Year - nothing like being greedy!

We're all nervous on our first trip. I think of all my holidays as "adventures" - its the only thing that keeps me coming back for more. (Doing South Africa + Victoria Falls add on in March.)

Enjoy.

Sylvia

shirleywirley
(Member)
Hi Paul, I have done a reply but not sure if it got through - my first time on this site and a bit of a "grey surfer". Yes, I am going on this trip and have been with JY before, last time to New Zealand and the 3 weeks was not long enough. I have been to the Dolomites and it was beautiful if you like the scenery. I haven't been to Croatia before so that will be interesting. I have been a single traveller for nearly 7 years and get just as nervous every time but it doesn't take long to relax and the people I have met have all be friendly. I think the most important thing is to retain your sense of humour and "go with the flow". I am told there is about 26 of us so we should get on with someone! JY look after you very well and usually the hotels and trips are all very organised and if you are prepared to join in, there aren't any "lonely" moments but equally if you want spend time on your own, there are plenty of opportunities to do so but personally there is always lots to do and the time goes very quickly. I hope this helps.

Regards

Borderreiver
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'shirleywirley' wrote:

[/font][font=Arial]

'Borderreiver' wrote:

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,not sure if I am doing this right, bit of a "grey surfer". I am on this trip and although I have been before with Just You, I still get nervous. The Dolomites are worth seeing and I went there a couple of years ago at Christmas and the scenery is beautiful. I haven't been to Croatia but this looks good too! The Just You people look after you very well and although we all start off as strangers, personally I had a great time and the group all got on well together. I think the main thing is to take what comes and retain your sense of humour!

Thanks Shirley. Look forward to meeting you in December. I agree - humour a must!!

Paul

Borderreiver
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'SylviaJ' wrote:

Hello Paul

I'm doing the Dolomites at Christmas but its 23 December and includes Croatia for New Year - nothing like being greedy!

We're all nervous on our first trip. I think of all my holidays as "adventures" - its the only thing that keeps me coming back for more. (Doing South Africa + Victoria Falls add on in March.)

Enjoy.

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia,

Wow - you like your holidays then?! South Africa sounds wonderful, I'd love to go there one day. Thanks for the advice and enjoy your hols!