nige112
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi there , am thinking of taking the christmas trip to germany and just wondered if anyone else here is going or have been and can give me an idea what to expect .many thanks .

i have nevere been on a single holiday so just a little curious

HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
'nige112' wrote:

hi there , am thinking of taking the christmas trip to germany and just wondered if anyone else here is going or have been and can give me an idea what to expect .many thanks .

Hi, I went on Festive Germany last Christmas - it was wonderful. The coach journey was rather an early start from Exeter, but apart from that the rest of the holiday was so good. The hotel was really lovely, outside a small town with snowy woods all around. There was a skittle alley at the hotel, a great conducted walk up into the woods to walk off the excesses on Christmas Day,a trip into Cologne in the snow which was lovely A lovely woman owned the hotel & the food was delicious. 2 coachloads went & everyone mixed very well. I left 11" of snow in Devon to see some "REAL" snow in Germany!! Go for it book it - I loved it.Helenj

lizzy1960
(Member)
'nige112' wrote:

Hello im going to Germany for christmas i have heard it is good

nige112
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi all , have booked the festive germany trip and looki ng forward to spending christmas abroad for the first time .

look forward to seeing you all there . nigel

Willyjon
(Member)
:thumbup:Hi there, have no fears- yuo'll enjoy your Christmas in Germany, I believe the village used is Altenahr which is a really lovely place and the hotel used is sat alongside of the river Ahr. It really is picturesque, especially if there is snow. I've stayed there a few times with my late wife - we stayed in the Gasthof Poste - just across the river from the White Cross Hotel which is the one I believe is being used. I do suggest the trip to Ahrwieler, it's lovely, especially the white church with the hand painted blue flowers. Schon Riesen:huh::)
lizzy1960
(Member)
'nige112' wrote:

hi all , have booked the festive germany trip and looki ng forward to spending christmas abroad for the first time .

look forward to seeing you all there . nigel

Nige so where are you coming from im coming from west midlands, won't be long now about another 8weeks see you soon

nige112
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi lizzy ,im from medway towns in kent so not such a early rise for me hopefully.

looking forward to a relaxing and exciting time

Sallyv
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi all, I am also going to Germany for Christmas. Last Christmas I went to Austria with JY. It was my first Christmas abroad and away from my family but I had a great time. This will be my fourth holiday with JY and I have always found the guides to be first class and well organised. The majority of people are on their own so all set out to have a good time. I am lucky as I live on the outskirts of Dover so not an early start for me! See you in a few weeks.[/b]

sally

jeff56
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi all, I am also off to Germany at Christmas, although I now live some distance away from the Dover area my kids still live there so I will be visiting them before I go and wont have an early start!. This will be my first "coach" holiday with JY so will be an experience. Look forward to seeing you
lizzy1960
(Member)
Hi Jeff & Sally,

I'm also going to Germany for Christmas i went earlier this year to Germany Walking in the Ahr Valley that was my 1st time with Just You, well i will be coming from West Midlands when i went in June i was picked up at 6.30am in morning someone was on coach at 2.am in morning as coach came from Wales i understand there is 2 coaches going to Germany think i wam on coach 1. Some freeinds i met in June there is a Just You reuinon on November 26th Cheltenham till 27th im meeting up with 3 freinds i met early this year should be agud weekend see you both soon

jeff56
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lizzy

Might meet up with you at Cheltenham this Saturday as going, its only 10 miles from home, if i miss you see you in Germeny

a4ril
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, I'm going on the Festive Germany trip too, being picked up from Christchurch. I've previously been to the Italian Dolomites and also Thailand at Christmas and both were terrific. Looking forward to this trip although as always apprehensive. Not long to go now.
lizabc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi everyone, I'm going on this trip too. Travelling from Cheshire at an early hour and looking forward to when we all meet up. Did someone mention an English breakfast on the boat? Sounds good to me. Have been with JY on several holidays and enjoyed every one. This is my first Christmas trip, but I'm sure we'll have a great time.

See you soon.

lizzy1960
(Member)
Hi Lizabc No it depends on wat time we get on ferry last time we got on ferry was wen they was serving dinners but they were gud im going from west midlands not long to go hope we have snow there see you soon x:)
a4ril
  • (Member)
(Member)
Just had confirmation and my pick up time is 2:40 a.m. ~ yikes. Hope it's worth it. Do hope we have a nice snowy Christmas. Looking forward to meeting you all 🙂
lizzy1960
(Member)
'a4ril' wrote:

Just had confirmation and my pick up time is 2:40 a.m. ~ yikes. Hope it's worth it. Do hope we have a nice snowy Christmas. Looking forward to meeting you all :)

Hello do you Know how many coaches there is looking foward meeting you is your name Avril mine is Jackie bet my time will be 6.30am it was last time my name is Jackie see you soon x

ColinD
  • (Member)
(Member)
Am booked on the German trip travelling from Chichester at 3.10am. Didn't know there was a 3.10am. Anybody else boarding at Chichester?
lizzy1960
(Member)
'ColinD' wrote:

Am booked on the German trip travelling from Chichester at 3.10am. Didn't know there was a 3.10am. Anybody else boarding at Chichester?

Hello Colin My pick up time is 3.00am in morning, German festive christmas i went early this year to Germany walking in the Ahr Valley my pick up time was 6.30am which wasnt to bad carnt belive it is 3.00 am this time im travilling fro Coventry i don't think i wil go to bed that night in case i over sleep see you soon

Gwyn1
  • (Member)
(Member)
First time on here, but just thought I would say that this part of Germany is beautiful have been around this area many many times, the scenery and the small villages are well worth seeing sure it will be enjoyable
lizzy1960
(Member)
'Willyjon' wrote:

:thumbup:Hi there, have no fears- yuo'll enjoy your Christmas in Germany, I believe the village used is Altenahr which is a really lovely place and the hotel used is sat alongside of the river Ahr. It really is picturesque, especially if there is snow. I've stayed there a few times with my late wife - we stayed in the Gasthof Poste - just across the river from the White Cross Hotel which is the one I believe is being used. I do suggest the trip to Ahrwieler, it's lovely, especially the white church with the hand painted blue flowers. Schon Riesen:huh::)

no christmas wasn't in Altenahr