Lavender
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone, I am still trying to pluck up courage to book my first holidays with JY. I am 52 and have been widowed for nearly a year. Is there anyone thinking of booking a holiday in 2012 from Leeds or Manchester. It all seems very daunting when you have never travelled alone before.
anni
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lavender, I've booked the Golden West USA trip for May next year, travelling direct from Manchester, this will be my 3rd holiday with Just You, have been to China and Spain with them, they really are a brill company to go with and you are looked after so well, go on, take the plunge, you won't regret it!
maggie-b
(Member)
'Lavender' wrote:

Hi everyone, I am still trying to pluck up courage to book my first holidays with JY. I am 52 and have been widowed for nearly a year. Is there anyone thinking of booking a holiday in 2012 from Leeds or Manchester. It all seems very daunting when you have never travelled alone before.

Find a holiday you like the sound of which has a connecting flight and go for it. Try to give yourself time between flights even if it means staying overnight at your departure point.

I met someone on a trip to Egypt who was in a similar position to you but everyone did their bit to help and she is going to book another holiday.

The tour rep is there to help and will make sure you are OK.

maggie-b
(Member)
'Lavender' wrote:

PS The lady concerned was72

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Just pick a holiday you like and go for it, doubt you'll regret it.

Of course its daunting first time but you'll find JY to be very helpful, I've not had a bad tour manager yet. Also if you have any specific worries don't be afraid to ask anything, thats part of what this forum is here for.

sally at home
(Member)
'Lavender' wrote:

Hi I am also looking at booking for next year, looking at Route 66 but have to check out time off work for about 19 days. Will be travelling from Manchester and it will also be my first time travelling alone at 51 ( well apart from travelling to Oz alone in 1999 to stay with family ).

vickibarber
(Member)
'Lavender' wrote:

Hello Lavender,

I am hoping to go on a JY holiday later next year, hopefully to the Golden West. I have just booked 4 day Parisian delight for April, will be my first on my own and really looking forward to it. If thats too daunting try a weekend discovery (which I also did recently) not too far to come back home then if you dont like it! (but I'm sure you will, JY are excellent with first timers. Good luck.

pat534
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi lavender,

I am booked to go to India Feb19th with internal flight from Manchester to Heathrow.I am also widowed and have done several holidays with Just You .I know 2 other young widows who are on this trip.

As others have written just go for it.