Littlepaul66
(Member) (Topic Starter)

Well after months and months of should I or shouldn't I, I have finally taken the plunge and booked my first holiday. I'm going on the Route 66 tour October 8th 2012 and already I'm so excited but also very nervous too. I've been looking to book something special as I'm 50 next August and the Route 66 tour is perfect.

Is anyone out there going on this trip on the same date?

Thanks Paul

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Paul

Welcome, I am so glad that you have booked after spending months thinking of it. What a great treat for yourself for your 50th, this tour is in the new brochure after members on here got a petition up as they felt it was a needed tour so I am sure you will have lots of people with you on the tour and have a great time..ENJOY!!!!

I have done 3 USA tours exhausting but such great fun and action packed from start to finish.

Cindy

Littlepaul66
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Cindy

Even though the tour is just over a year away I'm already excited. Strange really seeing as it's so far away. Also I'm the envy of all my work friends who always wanted to do route 66 but have never had the chance.

Paul

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi Paul,

I am so glad you finally took the plunge and booked Route 66. I know you will not regret it and as Cindy says - a great choice for your first trip and a way of celebrating your birthday. 50 eh? so then you will be a 'grown up'.

I am one of the people who campaigned for R66 to be offered as a trip. It had been my dream since I was a teenager - and I know many people feel the same way.

Sorry, I won't be on your trip as my own starts on 3rd September and I too will celebrate my birthday. I can understand why you are so excited - I am too. We finally 'get our kicks on Route 66' and we both have something really special to look forward to.

Have a wonderful holiday - hopefully the first of many.

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel:

Littlepaul66
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Lesley

My birthday is in August so it's a delayed birthday trip. Route 66 is 1 of those trips most people would love to do but not many get the chance to actually go on. I'm like a kid waiting for Xmas. I know it's silly but I've not been this excited over something for a long time. I have a year to wait for my trip but it will soon pass. I will look forward to reading the testimonials from other people including yourself.

Thanks

Paul

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Paul; And very well done for choosing this trip. What a fab way of spending a 50th. I personally went to Switzerland and Bavaria which was equally fantastic. But you have choosen a fab place to go mate well done, You will certainly be well looked after with the Just You and local guides. Enjoy Route 66

Regards Andy

Littlepaul66
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Andy. Route 66 is a special trip that most people would love to do. I'm very lucky that I'm able to do it and thanks to Just You I'll be able to do it in my 50th year. I have friends at work who are jealous as they have always wanted to do this trip. Although it's still a year away I'm sure the time will pass quickly and before I know it I shall be on the plane to Chicago.

Paul