Ian B
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All,

I'm new to this and thinking about what to do at Christmas.

Any recommendations for Christmas breaks and thoughts on locations and age ranges for the introductory weekend breaks?

Thanks

Ian

Ian B
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Ian wrote:

Hi All,

Any recommendations for Christmas breaks and thoughts on locations and age ranges for the introductory weekend breaks?

Thanks

Ian

No one? :huh:

Should really add I was thinking of UK to start with.

tc1j
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ian

I have been thinking of a possible short break for Christmas myself. Have you had any replies or suggestions?

BR

Teresa :cool:[/size][/font]

Hi All,

Thanks

Ian

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ian

I would suggest Christmas in Edinburgh. I think the Scottish capital is Britain's most beautiful city, especially in the winter.

http://www.justyou.co.uk/destinations/europe/northern-europe/united-kingdom/christmas-edinburgh/ 

Our Discovery Weekends attract people of all ages - the majority are in their 50s and 60s but you will meet plenty of people who are younger and older too.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Peter Jersey
(Member)
'Ian wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks

Ian

Hello Ian.

Welcome to the community. I have not done any Xmas Breaks but I did a Discovery Weekend to Leeds in August and it was brilliant. Do not worry about being a first timer because there will be others in the same boat as yourself, and you will be surprised how quickly the groups get to know one another. Your Tour Manager will see to that. However, if you decide that at some stage you want some time to yourself, it is not a problem. Your holiday - Do your own thing. ENJOY

As far as Xmas Breaks are concerned I would choose Edinburgh, so much to see and do, and for that little bit of magic, a fair chance of the white stuff!!

Good Luck wherever you go.

Peter

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Ian

If you look at the Just You brochure or web site you will see they have quite a few Christmas breaks. I have been on two Just You holidays, but have not done a Christmas break yet. If and when I decide I would go for Edinburgh. The age ranges vary - it can be anything from 30s to 70s or older. I would not worry too much about age ranges. I have enjoyed both my holidays very much and have just booked a third one.

Jaya[/size]

Hi All,

Thanks

Ian

Ian B
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for the welcome and replies everyone.

Sounds like Edinburgh is a popular choice for Christmas. I think as I'm new to this I may try to find a weekend break before then but time is marching on!

How far ahead do the Christmas breaks (eg Edinburgh) get booked up?

Ian

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ian

It does vary - some trips book up very quickly while others may still be available in early December.

However, I can tell you that we only have three places left for Christmas in Edinburgh so if you are keen to do this I wouldn't wait very much longer.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

nige0556
(Member)
Oops, that suggests I booked the wrong one when I plumped for London - how many of us are on that one?
anniethenitnurse
(Member)
Hi folks,

I tried to book the Edinburgh Christmas break 2 weeks ago and was told that the only available places left were for men! I guess the ratio of men to women on that one is equal - I was told that I'd be put on a waiting list just in case anything became available, or if a room would be changed from male to female

Regards

Annie

susan royal
(Member)
'Ian wrote:

Thanks for the welcome and replies everyone.

Sounds like Edinburgh is a popular choice for Christmas. I think as I'm new to this I may try to find a weekend break before then but time is marching on!

How far ahead do the Christmas breaks (eg Edinburgh) get booked up?

Ian

hi im thinking of doing a new year break in this country will be my first time so could keep each other posted how we get on

skippy
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've taken up the Luxembourg trip for Christmas

Been to Edingburgh too many times on my own, so wanted to see some of Europe instead

lizzy1960
(Member)
I have booked for festive christmas Germany
lizzy1960
(Member)
I have booked to go to Germany for Christmas it sounds good
a4ril
  • (Member)
(Member)
I did the Dolomites a few years ago and it was excellent. A long coach journey and the coach wasn't the most comfortable and even got lost en route but that was all forgotten once we arrived at the hotel. The hotel was small and family run in a delightful little village and Just You were the only visitors. Christmas Day was spent in the sunshine atop snowy mountains in the beautiful ski resort of Madonna di Campiglio. I guess the average age was 50's and 60's but think anyone would have fitted in and enjoyed themselves. Want to do another Christmas break this year but finding it hard to decide which one, any suggestions/recommendations would be most welcome.