Amanda77
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all, I'm a newbie just registered today after spending a bit of time looking through some of your posts about JY holidays. (I found the site looking for touring holidays to Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand.)

After 10 years me and my partner are starting to have different travel interests so I'm thinking of going off on my own. Like a lot of other people on here, I'm nervous about taking my first holiday alone so instead of plunging for the big trip, I fancy trying a shorter trip maybe a bit closer to home first.

Can anyone recommend anywhere in Europe in October or April? I fancy somewhere warmer and enjoy a bit of relaxation/reading as well as a bit of sightseeing on holiday. The trips to Italy and France look good. Has anyone any experience of any of these in October or April? What was the weather like?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks a lot

Amanda

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Amanda and welcome to you

Like you I also have a man at home my Hubby for the past 29 years, a touring holiday would be his idea of hell, so he goes golfing (MY idea of hell) and I go touring it works very well for us, I would also say we do go on holiday together..

I have been on 3 closer to home JY tours..

Austrian Lakes....scenery was stunning really nice hotel and not to full on so there is time to relax and chill out.

Highlight of Tuscanny.. did this earlier this year the weather was far to hot for me but that was the only fault, I did pick earlier in the year but the weather was abnormally hot they said when I went, very good tour, and the hotel does have a sun terrace on the top of the building or it is just a few feet to the beach.

Not sure if this one is still in the book as about 4 years ago I went Poland and the Tatra Mountains, the mountains were fantastic and a very worth while tour to go on.

Hope you find something you want to see and do.. and just GO FOR IT.....you will meet great people and see fantastic sights..

Cindy

Amanda77
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Cindy, thanks for those suggestions. I'll look into those ones. The people using the site seem really friendly and everyone says that when you go on your first trip you are made to feel welcome and meet lots of people so I know I'd have a great holiday - I just need to decide which one!

Amanda x