anni
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've recently booked the America's Golden West holiday for May 2012, I'm flying direct from Manchester on Monday 28th May and am wondering if anyone else is booked on this flight yet?
kathy18
(Member)
'anni' wrote:

I've recently booked the America's Golden West holiday for May 2012, I'm flying direct from Manchester on Monday 28th May and am wondering if anyone else is booked on this flight yet?

hi

i went on this tour 19th sept 2011, was brilliant but very tiring ... not enough time spent in 1 place ... (lots of coach travel which is interesting but not 2 good if ur ankles swell (like mine did!)) .... loved san franscisco, palm springs and of course las vegas ... but could do without LA .... am sure you'll have a brill time BUT be aware that you have 2 change at Atlanta airport - very busy ... took us nearly 2hrs to clear immigration then had 2 collect luggage & get 2 departure gate within 10mins (you have 2 get metro train to gates!!) all this without any rep/help etc ... luckily 10 of us travelled from manchester .. couldn't have done it by myself ... didn't have any tour manager/rep until arrived in san fran ... (then he wasn''t up 2 much) ... sayin all this i'm lookin 2 book again with Just You 4 next yr ... can't decide where 2 go ... 🙂

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi Anni,

I have looked at this trip before and it is one I really fancy, but Just You are doing Route 66 next year and this is something I have always wanted to do, so have picked that.

However, I know you will have a great time (and I will do this trip at some point). It should not be a problem travelling from Manchester - I am sure there will be others doing the same. You can meet up before you fly and you will already have made friends before you get to the US.

Yes, there will be a lot of coach travelling, but that is what a tour is. I love touring because you see so much more. You will quickly get used to packing and re-packing your case before you move on. After the first couple of days you will be really adept at doing this - and it's a small price to pay for all the wonderful things you will see and do.

So if you have to change at Atlanta then you change at Atlanta. Remember Americans hop on and off planes like we do with buses and trains and think nothing of it. I am sure you will cope and it could be a lot of fun.

I live in the Midlands and we do not get much in the way of direct flights or connecting flights but I can usually find a way round it. So if I have to go from a London airport, then I do.

It's a bit early perhaps for others booked on your trip to contact you. You could always put another post on here a bit nearer the time. Also, only a few of the people going on your trip may use the Community site to make contact or ask questions, so don't worry you won't be going alone. I know that this is a popular tour.

Look forward to a wonderful trip (keep looking at what you are going to be doing) and it will soon roll round.

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel:

anni
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'kathy18' wrote:

'anni' wrote:

hi

i went on this tour 19th sept 2011, was brilliant but very tiring ... not enough time spent in 1 place ... (lots of coach travel which is interesting but not 2 good if ur ankles swell (like mine did!)) .... loved san franscisco, palm springs and of course las vegas ... but could do without LA .... am sure you'll have a brill time BUT be aware that you have 2 change at Atlanta airport - very busy ... took us nearly 2hrs to clear immigration then had 2 collect luggage & get 2 departure gate within 10mins (you have 2 get metro train to gates!!) all this without any rep/help etc ... luckily 10 of us travelled from manchester .. couldn't have done it by myself ... didn't have any tour manager/rep until arrived in san fran ... (then he wasn''t up 2 much) ... sayin all this i'm lookin 2 book again with Just You 4 next yr ... can't decide where 2 go ... :)

Hi and thanks for your feedback on the Golden West holiday, think i'm even more nervous about going direct from Manchester, keep hoping that i won't be on my own! i was very surprised that there was no rep to meet you at Atlanta airport or that you couldn't check your luggage in at Manchester to go right through to San Fran, anyway, i must try not to worry too much, as i am really looking forward to the holiday, by the way, did you do a trip to Alcatraz while you were in San Fran?

anni
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'LovelyLesley1' wrote:

Hi Anni,

I have looked at this trip before and it is one I really fancy, but Just You are doing Route 66 next year and this is something I have always wanted to do, so have picked that.

However, I know you will have a great time (and I will do this trip at some point). It should not be a problem travelling from Manchester - I am sure there will be others doing the same. You can meet up before you fly and you will already have made friends before you get to the US.

Yes, there will be a lot of coach travelling, but that is what a tour is. I love touring because you see so much more. You will quickly get used to packing and re-packing your case before you move on. After the first couple of days you will be really adept at doing this - and it's a small price to pay for all the wonderful things you will see and do.

So if you have to change at Atlanta then you change at Atlanta. Remember Americans hop on and off planes like we do with buses and trains and think nothing of it. I am sure you will cope and it could be a lot of fun.

I live in the Midlands and we do not get much in the way of direct flights or connecting flights but I can usually find a way round it. So if I have to go from a London airport, then I do.

It's a bit early perhaps for others booked on your trip to contact you. You could always put another post on here a bit nearer the time. Also, only a few of the people going on your trip may use the Community site to make contact or ask questions, so don't worry you won't be going alone. I know that this is a popular tour.

Look forward to a wonderful trip (keep looking at what you are going to be doing) and it will soon roll round.

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel:

Hi Lesley

Thanks for all your comments, I am looking forward to the holiday, guess I'm just panicking a bit, I'm sure that everything will be just fine, I have done the USA before (with another company), that was a touring holiday and it was great, so, roll on next May!

Cheers ~ Anni