Jost
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Everybody

Booked to go to Germany for Christmas. Anybody else out there going? Anybody been before and got any recommendations please[/size][/font]? Seems like a very early start but looking forward to it now having made the decision to go on my first trip.

Jost

lizzy1960
(Member)
'Jost' wrote:

Hi Everybody

Booked to go to Germany for Christmas. Anybody else out there going? Anybody been before and got any recommendations please[/size][/font]? Seems like a very early start but looking forward to it now having made the decision to go on my first trip.

Jost

Hi Jost I went for my trip in June of this year Walking in the Ahr Valley it was nervous 1st time but once we did interchange on our coaches at Dover wen we got on our coaches after ferry we had an excellent tour manager & driver we got chatting to person we were sitting next to, everyone is in same boat not knowing anyone, you have got an early start wen i was picked up in June our coach came from Wales so person i got to know on here i was chatting to she was picked up at 2am my pick up was 6.35am wasnt to bad, just try to relax no it is hard for me to say but it is freindly everyone will be nervous but it be worth it in end it be a gud laugh, if you wud lkie to know anything else about holiday or worried about anything i will try help you hope spke soon :):)

Jost
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'lizzy1960' wrote:

'Jost' wrote:

Hi Everybody

Jost

Hi Jost I went for my trip in June of this year Walking in the Ahr Valley it was nervous 1st time but once we did interchange on our coaches at Dover wen we got on our coaches after ferry we had an excellent tour manager & driver we got chatting to person we were sitting next to, everyone is in same boat not knowing anyone, you have got an early start wen i was picked up in June our coach came from Wales so person i got to know on here i was chatting to she was picked up at 2am my pick up was 6.35am wasnt to bad, just try to relax no it is hard for me to say but it is freindly everyone will be nervous but it be worth it in end it be a gud laugh, if you wud lkie to know anything else about holiday or worried about anything i will try help you hope spke soon :):)

Hi

Thanks for your reassuring words. You are right it is all a bit nervy but I'm sure it will be fun in the long run.

Cheers

HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
I went to Germany last Christmas with Justyou. The hol was called Festive Germany & we stayed at Hotel Park. I can tell you it was simply LOVELY. The hotel was privately run outside a little village, all countryish & not in a row of other hotels. the food was delish!

It was snowy & we walked with a guide up through the woods in spectacular snowy scenery on Boxing Day to walk off the Christmas millions of excesses - magic. They have a skittle alley which was fun.

Too icey to drive to Westerwald but a great trip into snowy Cologne.Go into a little bar,after following the guide around Cologne behind the Cathedral seeing tons of things none of the others who went off on their own saw, the bar has a rounded glass roof - & it's lovely for a coffee or oa hot rum to warm up! Hope Leanne is your Justyou guide - excellent.

The age group was a little older but it didnt matter, fun was had by all. You should have seen the view from my bedroiom window - it was across the snowy fields to woods with tres dripping with snow. Tropuble was I had to try & get out of my road which had 11" snow & no one had driven up or down it! Go for it.

Helenj

lizzy1960
(Member)
'Jost' wrote:

'lizzy1960' wrote:

'Jost' wrote:

Hi Everybody

Jost

Hi

Thanks for your reassuring words. You are right it is all a bit nervy but I'm sure it will be fun in the long run.

Cheers

Jost everyone is so freindly tour managers are excellent if you wud like to know anything be willing to tell you, everyone that goes on holiday on there own it is bound to be nervous but if you get on with people of all ages you will have no trouble gud luck

Jost
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'HelenJ' wrote:

I went to Germany last Christmas with Justyou. The hol was called Festive Germany & we stayed at Hotel Park. I can tell you it was simply LOVELY. The hotel was privately run outside a little village, all countryish & not in a row of other hotels. the food was delish!

It was snowy & we walked with a guide up through the woods in spectacular snowy scenery on Boxing Day to walk off the Christmas millions of excesses - magic. They have a skittle alley which was fun.

Too icey to drive to Westerwald but a great trip into snowy Cologne.Go into a little bar,after following the guide around Cologne behind the Cathedral seeing tons of things none of the others who went off on their own saw, the bar has a rounded glass roof - & it's lovely for a coffee or oa hot rum to warm up! Hope Leanne is your Justyou guide - excellent.

The age group was a little older but it didnt matter, fun was had by all. You should have seen the view from my bedroiom window - it was across the snowy fields to woods with tres dripping with snow. Tropuble was I had to try & get out of my road which had 11" snow & no one had driven up or down it! Go for it.

Helenj

Thanks Helen - very interesting. I have booked and I'm looking forward to it. It seems there are over 40 people going on it too.

Jost

lizzy1960
(Member)
'Jost' wrote:

'HelenJ' wrote:

Helenj

Thanks Helen - very interesting. I have booked and I'm looking forward to it. It seems there are over 40 people going on it too.

Jost

Hi Jost was wondering wat your really name is so wen we meet up to go to Germany can call you by your really name, [/size][/font]

Quote:

[font=Courier][size=medium]
lizzy1960
(Member)
'HelenJ' wrote:

Helenj

Hi helen are you going to Festive Germany this year Hotel we are stopping in is called Der Westerwald Treff Hotel it say in brouchure did you call in Belguim chocolate factory cuming back home, wen i went to Germany in June of this year we stopped at Belguim chocolatre factory hope we do.

HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, yes you're right, my mistake - it was Der Westerwald Treff Hotel.

No, not going again this year, am staying with my grandchildren this year.

Helenj

Jost
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'lizzy1960' wrote:

'Jost' wrote:

'HelenJ' wrote:

Helenj

Jost

Hi Jost was wondering wat your really name is so wen we meet up to go to Germany can call you by your really name, [/size][/font]

Quote:

Hi there - - - its Stewart. See you in a few months time.

lizzy1960
(Member)
'Jost' wrote:

'lizzy1960' wrote:

'Jost' wrote:

'HelenJ' wrote:

Helenj

Jost

Quote:

Hi there - - - its Stewart. See you in a few months time.

Hello Stewart I will lokk out for you it will be here b4 we know 😉