yvonnea3
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

I am looking at the leaflet for optional excursions. Anyone who has been on this trip before I would appreciate which ones I should book?

Thank you

Yvonne:thumbup:

TGRAN
  • (Member)
(Member)
:
'yvonnea3' wrote:

Hi,

I am looking at the leaflet for optional excursions. Anyone who has been on this trip before I would appreciate which ones I should book?

Thank you

Yvonne:thumbup:

:thumbup:

Hi Yvonne,

I've pre-booked teh Palm Springs Tour the half day Living Desert one), have been told that's very popular

TrishG

:thumbup:

Debs 1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Yvonne,

I have booked the Palm Springs Tour/Rat Pack Package. I quite fancy seeing a show and having a three course meal in Vegas!

I also want to book many of the others listed on our itinerary but I don't think we can until we get to America. I want to see and do as much as I can while I am there.

I can't make up my mind if to go to Alcatraz or not as I went there 30 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. It can be booked through their website before we leave. Oh decisions, decisions!!

Debs

Chumps
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I have just got back from this trip and you will have an amazing time!

I did book in advance to go to Alcatraz but ended up not doing it as there were so many other things I wanted to do in San Francisco and so little time! The bay cruise goes up close to Alcatraz anyway.

I did the morning Palm Springs tour but not the aerial tramway (went at 4.15pm) as I liked the idea of having an afternoon off. There really isn't much to do in Palm Springs so I recommend you do at least one of the excursions.

Didn't do the Rat Pack as not really my kind of thing. Lots of people booked their own shows through the hotel concierge once we got to Vegas. The free shows in the hotels are worth watching (especially the fountains at the Bellagio & the Sirens of the TI).

The one thing I really do recommend is a trip to the Grand Canyon. I did the one with the Skywalk which was fantastic and left enough time to be able to sit and appreciate where you are! Hopefully your tour manager will arrange the first flights of the day, its early but well worth it!

Caroline

Debs 1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Caroline.

Thank you for the information. It has been most useful.

Yes I am dithering about Alcatraz and wondering if I should spend some time actually seeing San Francisco rather than going back to the prison.

I am very much looking forward to seeing the Grand Canyon. I have been once before in 1980 and I couldn't see a thing as it was thick fog and snowing and I have the photo's to prove it!!! Really hoping I get to see it this time round.

Can I ask if the hotel rooms have hairdryers and irons in them? I don't want to take electricals if they are not needed.

So pleased you had a great time. I can't wait until September!

Take care

Debs

Chumps
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Debs

Yes all the hotel rooms had hairdryers and most, if not all, had an iron (I didn't use the iron but remember seeing some!).

We were lucky to have great weather and the day of the Grand Canyon was clear blue skies.

If you have any more questions just ask!

Have fun

Caroline