CAROL ANNE KING
(Member) (Topic Starter)

hello, I am going to bulgaria sept 23, and I wondered who else is going, and also if you have already been, got any tips.

eg weather at end of sept, currancy. And anything else that might help.

carol

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Carol

I was in Bulgaria in April, Which included the Easter weekend. And I think you will have a good little holiday. As for the weather I have no idea what it will be like. When I was there it started off very good, But by the end of the trip, we had a fair bit of rain. However on saying that I was there just out of the real season. But we did manage some beach and pool time. The hotel is very good, and friendly and there is a fair bit to do within the hotel if the weather turns. The currency is the Leva. I am assumming you are going on the all inclusive trip, And therefore if you are staying within the confines of the hotel, You probably wont need much, Unless you plan to try the beauty and hair treatments as there are many shops in the hotel. If you are planning to pop into the local town of Old Nessebar or to South Beach, or perhaps any of the excursions. Then you will probably need a wee bit of cash.. You can get the by bus for about 2 leva or a taxi from the hotel, for around 15 Leva. I would urge caution when using the taxis, There is a price list for taxis at the hotel reception, But that is from the hotel to your destination. I would however always ask if you are planning to return by taxi. Always get a price before getting in the taxi, and I would strongly suggest you fill the taxi with other folk. The taxis will try and rip you off.

If you fancy a change from the All inclusive food at the hotel. There are plenty of restraunts in the local town, And at very good prices.

Enjoy your trip

Andy

CAROL ANNE KING
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'JustAndy103' wrote:

Hi Carol

I was in Bulgaria in April, Which included the Easter weekend. And I think you will have a good little holiday. As for the weather I have no idea what it will be like. When I was there it started off very good, But by the end of the trip, we had a fair bit of rain. However on saying that I was there just out of the real season. But we did manage some beach and pool time. The hotel is very good, and friendly and there is a fair bit to do within the hotel if the weather turns. The currency is the Leva. I am assumming you are going on the all inclusive trip, And therefore if you are staying within the confines of the hotel, You probably wont need much, Unless you plan to try the beauty and hair treatments as there are many shops in the hotel. If you are planning to pop into the local town of Old Nessebar or to South Beach, or perhaps any of the excursions. Then you will probably need a wee bit of cash.. You can get the by bus for about 2 leva or a taxi from the hotel, for around 15 Leva. I would urge caution when using the taxis, There is a price list for taxis at the hotel reception, But that is from the hotel to your destination. I would however always ask if you are planning to return by taxi. Always get a price before getting in the taxi, and I would strongly suggest you fill the taxi with other folk. The taxis will try and rip you off.

If you fancy a change from the All inclusive food at the hotel. There are plenty of restraunts in the local town, And at very good prices.

Enjoy your trip

Andy