margaretscotland
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi. Booked to go to Australia in October this year. This is the first time I have travelled alone. Are there any other travellers going this trip.

Regards

Margaret

AngieMelody
(Member)
Hi Margaret, my name is angie. This will be my first holiday on my own.i live in west Sussex and I am 57. I am quite nervous about going on my own but I am sure we will all get to know each other. My number is **** if you fancy a chat. Are you travelling down on the day.think we have to be at heathrow for 5ish.

Kind regards angie

Editor's note: I'm not allowed to publish personal information such as phone numbers but I'll be happy to pass it on by email if Margaret requests it.

margaretscotland
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Angie

Yes I will be travelling down from Glasgow on the 11th to meet everyone else who is going on the trip. I have still to get an update on exact times but no doubt I will receive that information quite soon. As I have a birthday in September I will be 63 by the time we go so a wee bit older than you but still young at heart or so I like to think. Looking forward to meeting everyone. It seems like such a great adventure.

Regards

Margaret

'AngieMelody' wrote:

Hi Margaret, my name is angie. This will be my first holiday on my own.i live in west Sussex and I am 57. I am quite nervous about going on my own but I am sure we will all get to know each other. My number is **** if you fancy a chat. Are you travelling down on the day.think we have to be at heathrow for 5ish.

Kind regards angie

Editor's note: I'm not allowed to publish personal information such as phone numbers but I'll be happy to pass it on by email if Margaret requests it.

zztop27
(Member)
Good morning. I am booked on the Australia hoilday departing LHR on 11th October so am planning to get to the aiport at about 09:15. I will be 62 by the time we travel and live in Brighton.

I have been married nearly 40 years and have always wanted to go to Australia. Last year my wife said to go and get it out of my system as the family are fed up with my talking about it and she has no interest in going there herself. I have travelled a lot on business on my own but this will be my first solo holiday so I am both excited and a little nervous.although reading some of the posts on the JY boards everybody feels the same and I'm sure we'll have a great time with a friendly group.

See you all in October.

Pete ................

Hi Angie

Yes I will be travelling down from Glasgow on the 11th to meet everyone else who is going on the trip. I have still to get an update on exact times but no doubt I will receive that information quite soon. As I have a birthday in September I will be 63 by the time we go so a wee bit older than you but still young at heart or so I like to think. Looking forward to meeting everyone. It seems like such a great adventure.

Regards

Margaret

'AngieMelody' wrote:

Kind regards angie

Frankw
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Margaret

I live in Lancaster and will travel down to Heathrow on the 11th of October from Manchester.I tried JY on a walking holiday in Andaluciain Octber last year and it was great. Oz will be quite an adventure! I believe 22 were booked when I last checked so am looking forward to meeting everybody.

The tour guide for OZ, Sarah Wrightson posted some information see below:

......................................................................................

Can I recommend that you don't take too much with you.

Don't attempt to take enough clothes for the 3 or 4 weeks - just take enough for 7/8 days because every hotel has laundry facilities (self-service washing and tumble drying machines) and you will have time to put the washing on and leave it to dry overnight if you don't want to use the dryers. Plus every room has an iron and ironing board, as well as a kettle. So you can leave these items at home.

Go with a lightly filled case as you'll find lots of souvenirs and gifts to pick up throughout the tour.

Sarah

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi ladies

I hope you don't mind my interrupting, but I think you may be on two different trips. I believe Margaret is on the one departing 11th October, Angie on the later trip around 28th.

Apologies for sticking my oar in if I've got this wrong, but I didn't want you two to start arranging to meet up etc and missing each other.

Sally

AngieMelody
(Member)
What a shame don't think we on the same tour my tour leaves on oct 28th. 4 nights in Singapore the auss. Hope you have a fab time. Angie