michael1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello everyone

Another newbie here! Would love to hear from anyone who's booked on the above trip. Just trying to pluck up the courage to book my first holiday alone :)

Thank you!

Souxie
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Michael,

Go for it, you won't be disappointed. I'm booked on the same trip but in August have done a few trips with JY and always be happy with everything. Its easy, safe and you have a good time too!!

I'll let you know how it goes when I get back in August if you like?

Soux

Eileen L
(Member)
'michael1' wrote:

Hello everyone

Another newbie here! Would love to hear from anyone who's booked on the above trip. Just trying to pluck up the courage to book my first holiday alone :)

Thank you!

Hi Michael,

I am booked on the above trip. It has taken me 4years to book a trip on my own. Am nervous but excited now that I have taken the plunge! Go for it and if you book look forward to meeting you with the others at Heathrow (I am flying down from Glasgow) Regards, Eileen L[/size]

michael1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Souxie

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'd love to know how you got on if you remember, thanks!

I'm sure once I book one and enjoy it I'll go again, however like many people who write on here I'm wondering if I'll fit in age-wise (I'm 44). I'm sure the majority of people are friendly but by the same token it's always nice to have at least a few in your group who are in the same age range. Hope that doesn't sound ageist, I don't mean it to be!

Michael.

Souxie
  • (Member)
(Member)

Hi Michael,

Understand what you mean, but honestly its always a mixed crowd, women tend to out number the men, but age wise its anything from 30s thru to 70s and sometimes beyond. But I've always found that people tend to get on great and age isn't an issue.

Soux

michael1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Souxie - thanks for your comments, it's always nice to hear from people who've been on these holidays. There's still 4 places left for 14th Sept so I may have to take the plunge and book it! Hope you have a great trip in August,

Eileen - I'll let you know if I book, I've been pondering a JY holiday for quite some time also so it's good to hear I'm not alone!

Michael.

michael1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Souxie/Eileen - thanks again for your feedback. With only a few places left I had to make a decision and so have booked my first trip!

Eileen - I look forward to meeting you and the others at Heathrow on the day. Once I get there, meet everyone and the trip gets underway hopefully I'll feel much more confident that I make the right decision!! :-)

Eileen L
(Member)
'michael1' wrote:

Souxie/Eileen - thanks again for your feedback. With only a few places left I had to make a decision and so have booked my first trip!

Eileen - I look forward to meeting you and the others at Heathrow on the day. Once I get there, meet everyone and the trip gets underway hopefully I'll feel much more confident that I make the right decision!! :-)

Hi Michael,

Look forward to meeting you and the others at Heathrow. Will be hoping for some tips and advice from Souxie on her return from Austria.

Regards, Eileen

Souxie
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Michael,

Look forward to meeting you and the others at Heathrow. Will be hoping for some tips and advice from Souxie on her return from Austria.

Regards, Eileen

Hiya Both,

Not long til I go, 4 or 5 weeks. Have paid for it and now so looking forward to it.

I will be in touch when I get back, so glad you decided to take the plunge Michael and now you have a new friend in Eileen to meet up at the airport. I love it when a plan comes together!!

Love Soux... xx

Eileen L
(Member)
'Souxie' wrote:

Hi Michael,

Regards, Eileen

Hiya Both,

Not long til I go, 4 or 5 weeks. Have paid for it and now so looking forward to it.

I will be in touch when I get back, so glad you decided to take the plunge Michael and now you have a new friend in Eileen to meet up at the airport. I love it when a plan comes together!!

Love Soux... xx

Hi Soux,

I hope you have a wonderful holiday. I too have now paid my final amount and am excited but a little apprehensive.Looking forward to hearing about your holiday and getting some advice and tips.Take care and enjoy your holiday.

love, Eileen xx

michael1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello ladies

I too have now fully paid up! I've also wanted to visit Austria/Switzerland so now that I've plucked up the courage to book I'm looking forward to it.

Souxie - hope you have a great time in August, I look forward to hearing your comments when you return.

Eileen - see you at Heathrow!

Michael.

chriscross34
(Member)
Hi Michael, i know what you mean, i'm 38 and generally get on well with people of all ages but it is good to have people in the 30's to 40's range too.

I might ask the editor but how do u add more details to ones profile including age , travel interests etc ?

michael1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Chris

The editor's the one to ask but it seems the only thing you can add to your public profile on here is your date of birth. The best way to find people with similiar interests on here is to just ask I think!

Have you done many trips with JY? Reading the various posts it seems the number of 30s and 40s are growing on here which is encouraging, however no matter what the age group on a trip I guess the fact everyone else has chosen the same holiday as you means the entire group has at least one thing in common.

Michael.

michael1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Souxie

Not sure if you'll read this before you go but hope you have a great time! It's less than a month before I make the same trip now so getting nervous but excited at the same time! :)

Looking forward to hearing about your trip when you return home.

Michael.

loobs
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi All

I am also going on the 14th Trip ( I got the last plave and excited and nervous about going. I flying down from glasgow

Looking forward to meeting you all on the 14th

Lynda

Souxie
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your good wishes. I'm getting packed, indeed my suitcase is on the rug and I keep throwing things in it!

Checked the weather yesterday for Faldkirch (sp?) and its high 70's and sunny.. Yipee!!

I've also googled the places we will visit and it looks breathtaking, guess I won't be speaking for a week I'll be that awe struck!.

I'll be in touch with you and Eileen when I get back. TTFN..

Soux.... x

Eileen L
(Member)
'Souxie' wrote:

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your good wishes. I'm getting packed, indeed my suitcase is on the rug and I keep throwing things in it!

Checked the weather yesterday for Faldkirch (sp?) and its high 70's and sunny.. Yipee!!

I've also googled the places we will visit and it looks breathtaking, guess I won't be speaking for a week I'll be that awe struck!.

I'll be in touch with you and Eileen when I get back. TTFN..

Soux.... x

Hi Soux,

Bet that you are excited. Have a marvellous time and look forward to hearing from you on your return.

Eileen x

Eileen L
(Member)
'loobs' wrote:

Hi All

I am also going on the 14th Trip ( I got the last plave and excited and nervous about going. I flying down from glasgow

Lynda

Hi Lynda,

I am also doing the trip on the 14th September and flying down to Heathrow from Glasgow too. Is this your first trip with Just You?It is my first holiday on my own so am excited but apprehensive. Will look forward to seeing you at Glasgow Airport. I presume we will both be on the same flight.

Eileen

michael1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Lynda

Good to hear from another traveller on the 14th! Have you been with JY before? (this will be my first holiday alone). Look forward to meeting you at Heathrow on the day.

Souxie - yes I've looked at Faldkirk and St Moritz photos on the web also, it looks absolutely stunning I can't wait. Hope you have a great tri, hopefully the sunny weather will continue into September!!

Michael.

loobs
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Eileen wrote:

'loobs' wrote:

Hi All

Lynda

Hi Lynda,

I am also doing the trip on the 14th September and flying down to Heathrow from Glasgow too. Is this your first trip with Just You?It is my first holiday on my own so am excited but apprehensive. Will look forward to seeing you at Glasgow Airport. I presume we will both be on the same flight.

Eileen

hello Eileen this my second trip with just you but the last one was in 2005 however that doest stop ,me from being nervous about this holiday. I am actually flying down to london the previous afternoon. I an looking forward to meeting you at heathrow on the 14th

Lynda