philippa
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello,im going on the Cilento coast holiday in 3 weeks,its my first time! Would love to hear from fellow passengers.

Philippa

Maryanne
(Member)
'philippa' wrote:

Hello,im going on the Cilento coast holiday in 3 weeks,its my first time! Would love to hear from fellow passengers.

Philippa

Hi Phillipa I'm going on this holiday on 1 July - is that the same date as you? I'm travelling the day before from Newcastle and staying overnight at Gatwick.

Maryanne

Maryanne
(Member)
Hi Phillipa - I'm going to Cilento coast on 1 July - is this the same date as you? I am travelling to Gatwick the day before and staying overnight at an airport hotel.

Maryanne

HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
'philippa' wrote:

Philippa

Hi Philippa, I went last October, simply loved the hotel and village it was in. Lovely people run the hotel.

I walked out around the harbour wall every day before breakfast, fabulous location.

I went on the trip to Amalphi, if you go be sure to go into the castle gardens in the hilltop town of Ravello - famous stunning coastal views from there, it made the day as I thought Amalphi was very touristy but the winding drive there was amazing. Don't have lunch in the main square, not brilliant but go down one of the alleyways leading off it as there are some great little real Italian restaurants down these.

HelenJ

Lesleymm
(Member)
'philippa' wrote:

Philippa

I have just come back from the Cilento coast holiday and had a really good time. Everything was just great. Nice people, great tour manager, great hotel. Fantastic weather. It was my first holiday so don't be worried. You'll enjoy it

GinaL
  • (Member)
(Member)
'philippa' wrote:

Philippa

Hi Philippa,

Just got back from Cilento Coast yesterday. The area is lovely and the hotel really good, very clean, lovely position with great views, helpful staff and superb food. I am sure you will really enjoy your holiday, but it will be HOT in 3 weeks time, so prepare yourself well. If you are troubled with mosquitoes I suggest you use mosquito wipes on your arms & legs in the evenings and get one of those plug ins for your room. I did, and had no trouble whatsoever even though I am often troubled by mosquitoes and slept with my balcony door open. Hope you have a great time and are lucky enough to have a lovely group like ours was.

bondensbabe
(Member)
Hi Philippa. I went last May 2011. I think on the first tour out. I adored it. Wonderful hotel, smashing staff, wonderful rooms, and good food. It was great to drift off at night to the sound of the sea. The excursions are very good on the whole. Didn't do the Amalfi/Ravello one as I had been quite a few times before. Enjoy!