juliea134
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
🙂 Hi just wondering who is going on the austrian lakes tour end of this month. I am booked to go and thought it would be good to know someone beforehand. I am also thinking of booking into one of gatwicks hotels the night before as it's an early flight. Anyone else had this idea?

Hope for some replies soon as we leave in 4 weeks.

Julie.

juliea134
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Not had any replies, perhaps anyone going hasn't visited the forum recently??
juliea134
(Member) (Topic Starter)
:huh: No replies yet, perhaps those going have not been on the forum lately??
christinamarie
(Member)
'juliea134' wrote:

:huh: No replies yet, perhaps those going have not been on the forum lately??

Hi Julia I am going to Austrian Lakes at the end of June. I won't be staying at Gatwick, but will arrive early anyway.

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Juliea

I would not worry to much about the reponse you have had up until now, About your posts on the Just You Community page. Not everyone on the trips uses this forum. You can ask Olly the editor, as to how many persons are on your particular trip to The Austrian lakes. But I would expect to be a minimum of 30 people on your trip. The Austrian Lakes is a beautiful and scenic destination. I was there last May and I am returning again, But unfortunately not until August. A few points of advice if you dont mind me letting you know about. I would take some insect repellant, And dont forget your continental plug and a hair dryer if you need to use them. Also note that there is no lift at the hotel, However the stairs are very wide and not very steep. The rooms are spacious with great views from either the front ( lake view ) or rear ( green hilly fields leading up to a large wooded area ) I would also ensure you take your sun glasses and a little sun block/cream of some sorts as it can get warm in the valleys and by or on the lakes. Also although it is summer, A cardigan or jumper of some sort, As it can also be cool around or on the lakes ( boat cruises)

On the whole you will enjoy your stay, And you will definately not be the only one going.

Enjoy your trip

Regards Andy

juliea134
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Andy for your reply,

And thanks for the tips, i have bought the things you've mentioned already. Looking forward to it now after it took me about 6 months to book anything!!

Hi Christina, i'll be at Gatwick early, booked into a hotel nearby save trying to get to Gatwick through all the traffic in the morning. Well I'm sure we'll meet loads of new people and have a great time. 🙂 see you in 10 days.

Julie.