maggyharris
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Never had a holiday or short break on my own. I have been widowed for 1 years and am 64 - do you think I am too old to go alone. Not very keen on discos

10lv
  • (Guest)
(Guest)
'maggyharris' wrote:

Never had a holiday or short break on my own. I have been widowed for 1 years and am 64 - do you think I am too old to go alone. Not very keen on discos

Hi you are never to old I have just booked my 1st trip I am 73 been on my own 6 months now so thought I would give it a go .I am nervous but what the heck Regards Dawn

ElaineC
(Member)
'10lv' wrote:

'maggyharris' wrote:

Hi you are never to old I have just booked my 1st trip I am 73 been on my own 6 months now so thought I would give it a go .I am nervous but what the heck Regards Dawn

Hi. I have recently booked my first holiday with JY - going to Alpine Europe in August. The trip I booked has an age range of people between 44 and 82. I am 47 and was widowed last year. I wasn't sure about travelling on my own, but having spent a couple of weeks reading posts on Community felt that people seem really friendly, and everybody seems to enjoy the holidays. I know I will be nervous just before going - but as Dawn says 'what the heck!'. 😉 Elaine

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Maggy

I have been on 6 JY holidays and have never been to a disco on any of them ....Thankfully as they are my idea of hell.

You most certainley are NOT to old to go alone at anyrate on a JY tour your NOT ALONE...have a look at the tours and pick one you fancy and BOOK IT you will have a great time.

Cindy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
'maggyharris' wrote:

I wouldn't worry about discos I've not been to one yet on a JY holiday. In fact I'm sure you'll find many others around your age group that like similar things. The majority of people are in their 50's & 60's but ages do range from much younger (20's) through to late 70's from what I've seen.

Mick

Mausie
  • (Member)
(Member)
'10lv' wrote:

'maggyharris' wrote:

Hi I am 67 and went on my own last year to America's Golden West and had a fabulous time. Everyone was very friendly and we had a great time and a good laugh. Very rarely any discos either. Go on give it a go you'll thoroughly enjoy yourself. I'm off again in June to Antigua and am really looking forward to it. Regards Maureen

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)
'maggyharris' wrote:

You're never to old. Life is for living. Give it a try, you'll be surprised.

Edna

xx

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi both

You are never too old for anything, so relax and look upon the holiday as an adventure.

Sylvia

janeyalan
(Member)
'maggyharris' wrote:

Went on my first trip last year after being widowed at 59, off again this week just go for it janeyalan

oaker
  • (Member)
(Member)
'maggyharris' wrote:

I am 64 and been on a few JY holidays you are never alone everyone is in the same boat and I have never seen a disco yet (there may be some)

Bite the bullet you won't regret it. Life is to short not to try something new. Think what yo u enjoy doing then pick a holiday to suit, go for it.