(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Anyone else on this trip?

Would be good to get in touch with fellow travellers

Liz

dal
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi liz im david and im booked for this trip cant wait its my first just you trip and have never been out of europe.
zippy
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi David,

This is my first JY trip as well.

I have been to Hong Kong, but it was many years ago.

I am really looking forward to this trip

Liz

dal
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi liz do you have to travel far to get to heathrow ? Im coming from colchester (essex) so ill probably be there early as wont want to wait around at home ill be to excited 🙂
zippy
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi.

I am in Yorkshire, flying from Manchester to Heathrow and vice versa, the trains down were fine but the ones back were none existant at the time they were required.I have loads of time at Heathrow, well according to the provisional flight timings I have.

Liz

dal
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi that is a point we wont know flight times until two weeks before.I stayed in yorkshire a couple of years ago had lovely wheather that week also visited lake district my dog had the best week ever 🙂
zippy
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Thats why I opted for the flights from Mancheser, I can drive there so not tied to trains , or lack of them.

Lake District is lovely,although I prefer the Dales, its nearer and 'softer' scenery.

Liz

dal
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi liz i think you are doing the right thing flying from manchester.No one else seems to be going with us yet atleast there is two of us so far im looking foward to meeting you at heathrow 🙂
sherry
  • (Member)
(Member)
'zippy' wrote:

Hi

Anyone else on this trip?

Would be good to get in touch with fellow travellers

Liz

Hi liz

l am on the same trip as you and looking forward to it. I live in cornwall and will be traveling to surrey a couple of days before.

Sherry

sherry
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Liz

I am going to China on the 10 May. I live in Cornwall and will travel up to Surrey two days before.

Looking forward to the trip

Sherry

handy
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi liz I have just booked this weekend for china on the 10 May, I live in cheshire so i will be flying from manchester to heathrow
zippy
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sherry/ handy

Glad there are more than 2 of us on the trip.

Handy see you at Manchester.

I have just had the joy of the visa application. I am nearly fluent in Mandarin now.

sherry
  • (Member)
(Member)
'zippy' wrote:

Hi Sherry/ handy

Glad there are more than 2 of us on the trip.

Handy see you at Manchester.

I have just had the joy of the visa application. I am nearly fluent in Mandarin now.

Hi Liz/ David / Handy

Looking forward to meeting you all at Heathrow.

Sherry

dal
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi sherry / liz / handy not long now hope you are all looking forward to it im sure you are.liz im glad you also enjoyed your visa form dont think im ever going to be fluent in mandarin all i know is ni hao so that should be a laugh 🙂
sherry
  • (Member)
(Member)
'dal' wrote:

Hi sherry / liz / handy not long now hope you are all looking forward to it im sure you are.liz im glad you also enjoyed your visa form dont think im ever going to be fluent in mandarin all i know is ni hao so that should be a laugh 🙂

Hi all. My visa has arrived today l guess yours has as well do you think anyone else is on this trip.

Sherry

zippy
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I got my visa back after two weeks, very impressive..

I have been checking the wether its sunny and in the 70's in Beijing at the moment.

Has anyone got their tickets etc? I am still waiting for mine.

17 days and counting

dal
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi all also got visa very quick but am waiting for ticket still.But as im a postie im not surprised bank holidays might have held it up.I did ask how many in group its about 33 not long now 14 days and counting.
zippy
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am still waiting for tickets, I really need to know the flight timings so I can book carparking at Manchester.

Looking forward to meeting everyone

dal
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi liz ive got my paperwork today hope you have yours we depart heathrow at 20.25
zippy
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I now have tickets and itinerary..It looks really good