SHELLY 1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Michelle saying hello, Just booked and so looking forward to this holiday. But also nervous first time alone, flying but what the hell you only live life once. Would like to chat if you are on the same trip.:
Iggy
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Michelle,

I'm booked on this trip. It's my first JY trip and first solo trip to a long haul destination so am a little nervous myself. I live close by Heathrow so I do not have far to travel at least.

It should be a good holiday if a bit hectic judging by other peoples posts.

Hope to meet in the lounge before the flight.

Ian

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Michelle and Ian,

I did this trip last June for my first JY experience and reckon its a fantastic choice. Yes its very hectic but well worth it as you seem to fit so much in.

I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Mick

Caroline Robb
(Member)
'SHELLY wrote:

Michelle saying hello, Just booked and so looking forward to this holiday. But also nervous first time alone, flying but what the hell you only live life once. Would like to chat if you are on the same trip.:

Hi Michelle and Ian, I'm also booked onto this trip. Like you both, it's my first foreign holiday alone...I was a bit nervous about it at first but now I'm so excited...I can't wait. Looking forward to meeting you :thumbup: x

SHELLY 1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Iggy' wrote:

Hi Michelle,

I'm booked on this trip. It's my first JY trip and first solo trip to a long haul destination so am a little nervous myself. I live close by Heathrow so I do not have far to travel at least.

It should be a good holiday if a bit hectic judging by other peoples posts.

Hope to meet in the lounge before the flight.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply so nice to not I wont be the only nervous person. Flying down from Newcastle meet you before the flight in the lounge.

Michelle

SHELLY 1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mick and Ian,

Thanks so much for the comments. Am a bit less nervous tha I'm not the only first timer. Flying down from Newcastle. So will see you Ian in the lounge. Michelle

Iggy
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mick,

Thanks for your reply. Was the weather OK when you went as I don't really know what sort of clothing to take.

Cheers. Ian

Iggy
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Michelle and Caroline,

Nice to hear from you, have safe journeys to Heathrow and see you in the lounge for pre holiday drinks :0)

Ian

SHELLY 1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Caroline wrote:

Hi Michelle and Ian, I'm also booked onto this trip. It's my first foreign holiday alone...I'm sooo excited...looking forward to meeting everybody. Caroline

Hi Caroline, Just a hello message.I'm soooooo excited to. So nice to be able to chat to you all before we go.

Michelle

dharma
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Shelly, Ian and Caroline

I have also booked this date. I have never travelled alone either but I am really looking forward to the trip.

Like Ian it would be good to know what the weather will be like so you know what types of clothes to take!

Look forward to meeting you all!!

Dharma x

Caroline Robb
(Member)
'SHELLY wrote:

'Caroline wrote:

Hi Michelle and Ian, I'm also booked onto this trip. It's my first foreign holiday alone...I'm sooo excited...looking forward to meeting everybody. Caroline

Hi Caroline, Just a hello message.I'm soooooo excited to. So nice to be able to chat to you all before we go.

Michelle

Hi Shelly, thanks for your message. I noticed that you're flying from Newcastle, are you travelling the day before? I'm flying from Manchester and have requested a flight the night before x

Caroline Robb
(Member)
'dharma' wrote:

Hi Shelly, Ian and Caroline

I have also booked this date. I have never travelled alone either but I am really looking forward to the trip.

Like Ian it would be good to know what the weather will be like so you know what types of clothes to take!

Look forward to meeting you all!!

Dharma x

Hi Dharma

I have been checking the average temperatures for the time of year and safe to say it's going to be HOT! :thumbup: so I'd say lots of shorts and Tshirts. Where are you travelling from?

Caroline x

dharma
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Caroline

That's good to hear!! Im travelling from Coventry so going to get my dad to drop me off in the morning to Heathrow.

Dharma x

SHELLY 1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Caroline wrote:

'SHELLY wrote:

'Caroline wrote:

Michelle

Hi Caroline, Unsure when I will fly down as I made no request. Will just wait and see. Do you fancy doing any extras on the trip? Nice to chat to you guys before we hit the USA.Michelle

Hi Shelly, thanks for your message. I noticed that you're flying from Newcastle, are you travelling the day before? I'm flying from Manchester and have requested a flight the night before x

Caroline Robb
(Member)
'SHELLY wrote:

'Caroline wrote:

'SHELLY wrote:

'Caroline wrote:

Michelle

Hi Caroline, Unsure when I will fly down as I made no request. Will just wait and see. Do you fancy doing any extras on the trip? Nice to chat to you guys before we hit the USA.Michelle

Hi Michelle, I'm definitely up for the extras....I want to go to Alcatraz when we're in San Francisco and would like to go on board the Queen Mary at Long Island...but I'm open to suggestions. Is there anywhere specific you'd like to see? Caroline x

Iggy
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Caroline wrote:

'SHELLY wrote:

'Caroline wrote:

'SHELLY wrote:

'Caroline wrote:

Michelle

Hi Michelle, I'm definitely up for the extras....I want to go to Alcatraz when we're in San Francisco and would like to go on board the Queen Mary at Long Island...but I'm open to suggestions. Is there anywhere specific you'd like to see? Caroline x

Hi All, I'm up for extra's too 😉 .... trips I mean!! I definitely want to go to Alcatraz and if the chance presents itself the Queen Mary. I have pre booked the Palm Springs trip and the Rat pack show - has anyone? Just hope I can save enough money for one of the Grand Canyon trips though, quite fancy one of the helecopter ones. Ian

Caj
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi All,

I've just booked on this trip too in June and I'm soooooo excited! I'm flying down from Edinburgh, not sure at this stage if I need to fly down the night before but should find out soon. I haven't booked any of the other trips but wondered what everyone else has booked or is planning to book? Fancied Alcatraz but not sure if it's better to book before you go, any ideas??

Carolann

Caroline Robb
(Member)
'Iggy' wrote:

'Caroline wrote:

'SHELLY wrote:

'Caroline wrote:

'SHELLY wrote:

'Caroline wrote:

Michelle

Hi All, I'm up for extra's too 😉 .... trips I mean!! I definitely want to go to Alcatraz and if the chance presents itself the Queen Mary. I have pre booked the Palm Springs trip and the Rat pack show - has anyone? Just hope I can save enough money for one of the Grand Canyon trips though, quite fancy one of the helecopter ones. Ian

Hi Ian, did you pre-book the trip and show via JY? My confirmation invoice doesn't give a lot of detail about where we'll exactly be on what dates so not sure about pre-booking stuff?? I tried to check out costs of helicopter flights over the Grand Canyon....the site I was looking at listed $300 per flight so quite pricey. What does the Palm Springs trip consist of??? Caroline :thumbup:

Iggy
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Caroline wrote:

'Iggy' wrote:

'Caroline wrote:

'SHELLY wrote:

'Caroline wrote:

'SHELLY wrote:

'Caroline wrote:

Michelle

Hi Ian, did you pre-book the trip and show via JY? My confirmation invoice doesn't give a lot of detail about where we'll exactly be on what dates so not sure about pre-booking stuff?? I tried to check out costs of helicopter flights over the Grand Canyon....the site I was looking at listed $300 per flight so quite pricey. What does the Palm Springs trip consist of??? Caroline :thumbup:

Hi Caroline, I pre-booked the trips through JY. The cost of both as a package was £89. The Palm Springs trip is on day7 when we have a free day and it includes a tour of the 'stars' houses and I'm not sure of what else. I wanted to go to a show in Las Vagas as I thought it was something that needed to be experienced whilst being there and thought it prudent to book the two trips as a package. The Rat Pack show is on the evening of day9 and includes dinner 🙂 Better hope I win some money at the tables in L.V. to fund a helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon. Ian

Caroline Robb
(Member)
'Caj' wrote:

Hi All,

I've just booked on this trip too in June and I'm soooooo excited! I'm flying down from Edinburgh, not sure at this stage if I need to fly down the night before but should find out soon. I haven't booked any of the other trips but wondered what everyone else has booked or is planning to book? Fancied Alcatraz but not sure if it's better to book before you go, any ideas??

Carolann

Hi Carolann, good to hear from you...I haven't pre-booked any trips as not sure of timings etc....but definitely doing Alcatraz....look forward to meeting you...Caroline