Lucinda
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I am interested in bookin a trip but feel rather anxious. I would like to do a trip that has a lot od sight seeing but fear for being left to look around a city on my own not knowing the langauge. On excursions do people go round places in groups?? If ur on B+B or half board, are other meals arranged together if u want? I guess i just dont want to be left on my own!!

Any assistance greatly appreciated

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lucinda,

I've done two JY holiday so far with my 3rd booked.

Both included lots of organised site seeing (Americas Golden West & Treasures of Andalucia) where you wont be alone.

Because the full group is large people tend to break up into smaller groups with those that they seem to have most in common with. Saying that everyone seems to mix and personally I've spent different parts of the trip with different people. You'll certainly never be alone unless you want to be.

Other meals that arn't included you will just hook up with some of the others and find a cafe/bar/restaurant, I've certainly never eaten alone on a JY trip.

Once you've been you'll wonder what you were anxious about.

Mick

michael1
(Member)
Hi

I've also recently joined JY and have exactly the same fears! A lot of the holidays seem to have tours covering most of the time but I'd also like some feedback from members on this subject please. Thinking of doing Alpine Europe as my first trip later in year, a big bearing on this was the fact all 5 days seem to be covered by organised trips!

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have done 6 tours with 1 booked for this year, they have been different types of tours

Boston New England New york

Nashville and Memphis

East Coast liner

Austrian Lakes

Poland and the tatra Mountains

Kenyan Safari

Tuscany ...to be done this year

The USA tours can be very on the go shall I say, and if your moving on every few days to a new hotel and area this can be tireing...but YOU can sleep when you get home.

Poland and Austria were a more gentle sort of holiday with a bit more free time, which was nice.

I like Mick have never ever had to eat a meal on my own, sometimes I seem to have spent the time away with say 1-2-3 ladies, other times each day brings a new person to get to know, it all depends on where you are going and the group of people who are there.

Pick somewhere you really want to go to and then book it, take a couple of books to read in case you want to be alone, I always do but have never read a book yet, to much to do and see and join in with.

Regarding the meal question you will find someone to buddy up with or the reps ar good at getting people together so NO ONE is alone.

Go for it, they are great fun

Cindy

janeyalan
(Member)
'Lucinda' wrote:

Hi I went on my first trip last year to China, fantastic experience and you will not be on your own all travelled around together and small groups went out to explore in the evenings if they wished, ENJOY

I am interested in bookin a trip but feel rather anxious. I would like to do a trip that has a lot od sight seeing but fear for being left to look around a city on my own not knowing the langauge. On excursions do people go round places in groups?? If ur on B+B or half board, are other meals arranged together if u want? I guess i just dont want to be left on my own!!

Any assistance greatly appreciated

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Re being left on your own while out sight seeing...

From my experience, when you go out and about you quite often have a local guide from that Country who know's all the facts etc, so they would take you all around, and do the chat part of the tour, that is not to say YOU have to wander with them. I have been on walks and just wanted to say go shopping!!!! as long as they know who is wandering off and you have made a meeting time and place that's fine I would say. When I was on the Austrian Lakes tour for 2 days, I and a few other ladies did not want to go on the optional tours so we went of to the local town by bus, and a boat ride the other day on our own, we felt this was safe but we did let the JY rep know what we were doing so they were not panicing about us. If you are out and about say for a whole day sight seeing the rep will say. OK you need to have lunch out, or you might just pull in somewhere and they would say you have time for coffee and cake.. so it really is sometimes eating when you can, you have to go with the flow of things. I always take a few packet meals away with me so I can add boiling water when back in the room as I am a vegetarian. SO if your worried about eating etc, take a supply of nibbles away with you, so you can have a little top up if you get hungry.

Cindy

Lucinda
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you very much for your advice. My fears are now eased, and im now back looking at the brochure! The ones im looking at are candian rockies; prague, vienna and budapest or south africa! So many choices! But i think itiniried sounds better

many thanks again