Veelight
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi is anyone going to Kenya on the 16th of May, if would like to hear from you
JULIE M
(Member)
HI I AM GOING TO KENYA BUT ON THE 11TH MAY, BUT WILL STILL BE AT THE BEACH HOTEL WHEN YOU OUT TO THAT PART OF YOUR HOLIDAY. KENYA IS LOVELY, I G=HAVE BEEN MANY TIMES BEFORE. I THINK OF AT AS MY HOME.

JULIE M

Veelight
(Member) (Topic Starter)
HI JULIE, THANKS FOR THE REPLY, THIS IS MY FIRST HOLIDAY WITH JUST YOU, SO NOT SURE WHAT TO EXPECT,

SO ARE YOU STAYING IN A DIFFERANT PART FROM ME ? IM STAYING AT THE TRAVLELLERS CLUB

pc-pinky
(Member)
hi im going to kenya on the 11th may, its my first time so not sure wot to expect, r u going on the 11th aswell x thanks paula x
crazy lady
(Member)
'Veelight' wrote:

Hi is anyone going to Kenya on the 16th of May, if would like to hear from you

Hi just joined this forum and I have looked at this holiday but thinking of going in September is anyone esle thinking of this, would love to know how good this holiday from someone who has been

Linda

JULIE M
(Member)
HI. I AM STAYING IN THE SAME PLACES AS YOU BUT I JUST GO 5 DAYS EARLIER. I WILL BE AT TH TRAVELLERS WHEN YOU GET TO THE BEACH PART OF YOUR HOLIDAY. SEE YOU THEN. YOU WILL LOVE IT VERY MUCH. ENJOY.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Linda

I went on this safari holiday with the add on, and it's just a fantastic holiday the animals where amazing, and it was great to relax on the second part. If there is anything you need to know just ask

Cindy

Veelight
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Cindy, thanks im so looking forward to this hoiday, but have a fear of snakes, did you see any? how was the food? and how long is the flight?
Veelight
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'pc-pinky' wrote:

hi im going to kenya on the 11th may, its my first time so not sure wot to expect, r u going on the 11th aswell x thanks paula x

Hi Paula, no im going out on the 16th of May first time for me too, we may see one other out there, looking forward to all of it, should be a hoiday of a life time .

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Re Snakes...I honestley cannot remember seeing any, certainley not in the wild, I think there were some when we went to a zoo but nothing that was going to get near me so I think you will be fine. Regarding the flights thats a hard one as you have two flights one from LHR and then an Internal flight which is about 45 mins. As you are flying through the night this doesnt seem so bad as long as you can fall asleep. I could not so made a very long days travel..and the journey from the airport to Aruba Lodge is very long in the jeep ..but very worthwhile so do not be put off by the journey, what you see makes up for this.

Cindy

Veelight
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Opps Linda, i wrote Cindy by mistake, there for the message with Cindy was for you, im sorry about that.

I was asking abut snakes, the food , how long the flight was, & what the weather is like at night, there are so many questions going round in my head, but i won't bother you with them all, as im sure we all think like this first time.

But thank you for any help you can give me, to relax , and enjoy this holiday......Vera x

Veelight
(Member) (Topic Starter)
HI Cindy, thanks for the reply, it has put my mind at ease about the snakes, to late now anyway it's all booked. but i do now feel better, im not good at sleeping on a plane so it will be a long day for me too, but as you say it will all be worth while in the end.

Will i need warm clothes at night ?......Vera

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Vera

I went Late Sept/October and it was very warm,humid.I took plenty of cardy's fleece etc, I did take a cardy down for the evening but really did'nt wear it that much..but better to be safe than sorry..

Cindy

Veelight
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi im still looking for anyone going to Kenya on the 16th of May, i do hope im not the only one ha ha , im sure im not, but would like to hear from a fellow travelier's.

Vera

Veelight
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Vera

I went Late Sept/October and it was very warm,humid.I took plenty of cardy's fleece etc, I did take a cardy down for the evening but really did'nt wear it that much..but better to be safe than sorry..

Cindy

Hi Cindy, can you tell me do i neen to take a coctail dress with me for any of the evenings.

Thank's

Vera

Veelight
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Linda

I went on this safari holiday with the add on, and it's just a fantastic holiday the animals where amazing, and it was great to relax on the second part. If there is anything you need to know just ask

Cindy

Hi Cindy, i was wondering if you know how far apart terminal 1 and 4, as im flying down from Scotland on the 16th of May to go to Kenya, but me and airport are not good together, and now i have to do it by my self,

I would be greatfull for any help you can give me .

Regards Vee

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Vera

I took 4 dresses with me and wore them all as was so hot/humid, but not a mega cocktail sort, just the long maxi type.

RE LHR Terminal 1 and 4. Term 1,2,3 are in the centre block near one another, Term 4,5 are on the outskirt of the airport, I think there is a train system to go around, or buses to link the terminals up. what term you going from you getting dropped off by someone?

Cindy

Veelight
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Vera

I took 4 dresses with me and wore them all as was so hot/humid, but not a mega cocktail sort, just the long maxi type.

RE LHR Terminal 1 and 4. Term 1,2,3 are in the centre block near one another, Term 4,5 are on the outskirt of the airport, I think there is a train system to go around, or buses to link the terminals up. what term you going from you getting dropped off by someone?

Cindy

Hi Cindy,i have to fly down from Scotland getting into terminal 1 then i have to go to Term 4 for my flight to Kenya,

Thanks for the imfo on dresses,

Vee