Coral
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there

Im thinking of booking the Vancouver and Rockies trip with the add on Alaskan cruise for next year and wanted to to hear from anyone who has done this trip? can you tell me what it was like and what you enjoyed the most.

Im toying with this trip or India and it would be good to get some feedback. Ive been on one other trip with Just You to Newzealand some 3 or 4 years ago and loved it.

Hope to hear from anyone.

Coral

yates1s
(Member)
Coral, I am booked on the Pushkar India trip in Nov 2007. Only found one other person who is so far. Sue Yates.
janice kennedy
(Member)
Hello Coral,

Just found your post. I have booked the Rocky Mountaineer trip with Alaskan Cruise add on for May 2008. I will be travelling from Northern Ireland to Heathrow to meet up with the rest of the party. This is the first time I have done anything like this so no doubt will be nervous. Have you booked? Perhaps you decided on India? Would be nice to hear from you

Coral
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sue

I have decided against the Indian trip for next year but it would be great to hear about your trip when you return.

Coral

Coral
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Janice

Still really keen to book the trip to Vancouver/Rockies with add on to Alaska, but havent booked as of yet . Whats the weather like there in May? . You never know I might just get to meet you yet if I book the same trip as you. I went to NZ with Travelsphere for the first singles trip I ever did, I have to say dont worry as they are first class trips , the tour operators can never do enough for you and everything is so nice, Im sure you will make some great friends, Im still in touch with one of my friends I met on the NZ trip , fours year on! Coral

janice-kennedy
(Member)
Hello Coral,

Thanks for getting back to me. I really hope you book the trip, I am so looking forward to it. There is another lady from England hoping to book as well, have a look at Rockies 2008 thread.

Keep me posted,

Janice

janice-kennedy
(Member)
Oh....Coral have a look at the link for country profile. Lots of useful info there. In May the days can be warm with cool nights. Not sure of the actual temperature.
Coral
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Janice

Thanks for getting back to me. I will have a look at the details now and keep you posted about my booking.

Thanks for the info re the weather.

Take Care Coral

janice kennedy
(Member)
Hello Coral,

Still hoping you'll book for this holiday. It sounds wonderful and I am so looking forward to it.

Go for it!

coral21
(Member)
Hi Janice

Thanks for your message :-)

Im hoping to book holiday in a couple of weeks time had a change in job so its slowed up my holiday booking! which trip have you booked on for next year? its it the canadian rockies and vancouver or are you going on the rocky mountaineer trip? Coral

janice-kennedy
(Member)
Hi Coral,

Good to hear from you, hope the new job is going well. I have booked the Rocky Mountaineer trip. I know it's a bit more expensive but sounds like a wonderful experience. Also booked the Alaskan Cruise. From memory the departure date is 15/5/2008.

Take care, hope to hear from you soon.

imelda
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Coral,

I did the Rockies, Vancouver and Alaska tour in

May 2006. it was absolutely fabulous.fantastic scenery.the rockies are so beautiful and Banff and Jaspar lovely towns.the weather sunny blue skies

a bit cool sometimes as well as being warm.still snow on mountains.it was a superb tour and then

the Alaska cruise was the icing on the cake.

to sum it up i spent 20 days surrounded by beauty!

Coral
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Imelda , I keep changing my mind as there are so many great holidays, am now thinking I will book a trip to Europe (the Azores) in May and later in year will book the canada trip or Sri Lanka now as my new job doesnt allow me to go to Canada in May as I need to save some more pennies! but thanks for your message, the canda trips sounds wonderful and Im still keen to do it. Are you booking any more trips for next year?
imelda
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello again Coral, yes have booked for oct 2008 the south african explorer with the whale watching date and victoria falls add on. It should be another fabulous trip. I also would like to do the sri lanka trip as well as loads more. There are so many i want to do it is quite hard to decide which to do next.