BarbaraW
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Oops, previous should have read FEB 2008! My finger got trigger-happy before I had time to check it!!!!!
Lisa1308
(Member)
Hi Barbara

I'm on your trip too! Think it will be very cold, so pack your thermals!! Looks like a brilliant trip though - I can't wait!

Lisa

BarbaraW
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Lisa.

How kind of the PM to do a 'reckie' to Beijing in advance of our trip! The news reports certainly indicate that it's cold. Look forward to meeting you.....chop-sticks at the ready??!!!! Barbara.

NellieS
(Member)
Hi there ! I am going to China in Feb. aswell. I've been told the trip is fully booked so lots of people to meet. I am comming from the Midlands by National Express to Heathrow. Catch the bus at Birmingham Airport. Really looking forward to stand on the Great Wall.
BarbaraW
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Nellie, Wonder how many a 'full' trip is? Loads to look forward to & not long now. Barbara.
Lisa1308
(Member)
Hi Barbara and Nellie

Look forward to meeting you in 3 weeks! I'm also on the National Express coming up from Bristol, so I guess I'll see you in the 'private lounge'! Don't know about you, but I'm taking Travelsphere's advice and bringing some coffee/hot chocolate sachets for drinks in the room - we'll probably need some warming up! Have you checked out some of the photo albums on this site? There are some pics of a China trip in winter, with snow on the Great Wall!

Lisa

NellieS
(Member)
Hi Lisa and Barbara, full trip means 30 people so I've been told. I am taking my own teabags and some dried milk just in case. Had all my travel documents on Sat. Having a look on the web for the hotels to see what they like in a Minute. Little cofession to make Nellie is my computer name, my real name is Britta and I am 38. Looking forward to hear some more from you two and see you at the airport.
lizH
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Barbara, Britta and Lisa, I'm on the trip too. It was a last minute decision so hope they get the passport and visa back in time, sure they will! I'm trying to acquire the taste of green tea, to save carrying tea bags, it's not bad but some of the flavoured varieties are better, doubt they'll be available there. Wonder if taking some cutlery might be an idea, never have mastered chopsticks. Was wondering if we need to dress up for the Opera, any thoughts? Like you was watching Gordon's trip with interest, apart from the cold, all that smog! See you at the airport.

Liz

catnicolson
(Member)
Hi, I'm going on this trip on 16th April. This will be mny 1st holiday on my own!! Anyone else doing this for the 1st time?
Lisa1308
(Member)
Hi - only a week and a half to go now! Is anyone else slightly worried about the situation in China at the moment? Just hope the weather doesn't end up getting worse and the holiday is cancelled. On a brighter note - been on the web looking at the hotels and they look really nice.! See you next week (weather permitting!)

Lisa

Lisa1308
(Member)
Hi Liz oops - just saw your message. I've read something about the Bejing opera which says you don't have to dress up. Not sure about what 'evening wear' to take. I do have a lovely Chinese silk top I got made in Thailand which I'm tempted to take as I've only worn once - it would be a pity to go to China and not wear it! I can't use chopsticks either, but I'm hoping they'll provide cutlery too as I guess we'll be staying in 'tourist' hotels. Not too keen on green tea myself but I will definately be trying it, but taking some coffee and hot chocolate sachets too! Just checked out the weather for Bejing today and it's 9oC and sunny all this week.

See you next week. Lisa

Sarah W
(Member)
The computer ate my previous message! I tried to say I'm really looking forward to the trip next week - it's been a dream to see all those soldiers in situ! Blow the weather - wrap up warm let's have fun. See you soon, Sarah W
BarbaraW
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Yes, the extreme weather is a little concerning but I've taken a punt and today booked my Heathrow car-parking & ordered some currency....we've GOT to go now! Actualy may turn out we've booked for the best time as we may see some of their New Year celebrations. I believe it'll start the year of the rat, of which I am one, so 'hoping' for some good luck!!!!!!!!!!! Barbara
NellieS
(Member)
Hi everyone. It looks like the weather is improving a bit in China. Except Xian it's -15C there according to the weather forecast, got all my winter gear ready to take. Don't know what to take for the evening yet either. I am just ready for a holiday no matter what the weather is like. See you next Wednesday. Britta
Sarah W
(Member)
I've just looked at the weather for Beijing - it's going up to 5° on Saturday & then slowly descending to 1° for our arrival... where are my thermals? Good weekend to all. Sarah
Penny
  • (Member)
(Member)
Im going on this trip end April and wondered which vacinations are necessary for this holiday .

Jane