Teresa Costelloe
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I'm off to Peru in September which also includes the add on to the Amazon rainforest. I'm a bit anxious about all the flying. I'm not too bothered about the flight to and from Lima. It also includes four internal flights which i feel apprehensive about.

If anyone has been here could they let me know what airline the internal flights are with and reassure me about the safety

Regards

Teresa costelloe

JPW
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've just returned from this trip and had a wonderful time. The internal flights are with LAN Airlines. It's a good airline, nice planes, lots of leg room and the flight attendants were friendly - I think it's a much nicer airline than Iberia. The coach journey from Cusco to Puno is very long (about 7 hours) but they make quite a few stops at interesting places so the time goes quickly.

When you do the Amazon add-on, make sure you take plenty of insect repellant, wear long sleeves and take lightweight rainwear - it can get very hot and humid even though it's raining. The lodges you stay in are very basic but they are set in very beautiful surroundings. The food is great - plain but plenty of it.

If you need any further info, just let me know.

Teresa Costelloe
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank-you, Jill, for reassuring me about the internal flights in Peru. Now I feel more confident about my forthcoming trip in September which I'm really looking forward to. Anyone else going on 17th September? It would be great to hear from you.