DrWho
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello. I'm a 54 year old widower thinking about a UK Christmas break. Bit daunted by the idea so wondered what is the general atmosphere like plus age range, mix of gender etc. London break sounds good but 5 days maybe a bit too long. How many people tend to be on each Christmas break?
dribyam
(Member)
Hi Dr Who,

I am going on my first trip with Just You at christmas. I am going to Malta, and I am a little anxious as to what to expect the temperature to be.

Rita

Ingrid
(Member)
Hi,

I am also 50++(and another +) and am going to Prague at Christmas, first time with JY, and so far I can't see there is anyone else going, a bit worrying!!!

Anyway, I will just wait and see, I'm sure it will be o.k.

I thought a five day trip would be just right, not too much, not too little, to get the feel of how it goes with JY.

I'm sure you will be just fine, and you will enjoy it.

Ingrid.

mabes
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ingrid. I have just booked my eighth JY trip,this time to the French Alps for Xmas this year(09) Like you I started with a short trip to suss it out. I,ve been all over the globe since then, China,Jordan,Morocco,Kenya and a few coach trips all with Just You. I can honestly say I,ve never had a bad trip with them. Dont worry about going alone, you will soon mix and everyone is more or less in the same situation. You will have a great time and meet nice people and have some laughs.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I am going to Jordan on 8 September and since you have already done this trip I wonder if you have any useful tips, which would be useful. This is my first solo holiday and first time with Just You so I am a little bit nervous, but very excited. I am encouraged by all the positive comments posted on the message board and know that I am going to have a wonderful time.

Regards

Jaya

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi all

I went on the Austrian Christrmas delights trip last year. And can confirm that it is a lovely little trip to go on for Christmas, It is all very traditional,And a visit into Salzburg on Christmas Eve, is just a wondeful experience, With the Markets, and Mozart Square etc, Just ensure you wrap up. But Just You do a wide range of Christmas trips both home and abroad, Go ahead pick one and enjoy,

Have a good trip

Regards Andy

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi All,

I can confirm what Andy says about Austria for Xmas. I did this trip Xmas 2007 and had a really good time. Last year I did the Dolomites and that was great too - especially the snow on Xmas night. This year it is Festive Germany and I am really looking forward to it. So yes pick a trip, any trip that takes your fancy and go for it. You will not regret it - Xmas with Just You is really good fun whichever destination you choose. Enjoy!

Be happy,

Lesley

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hello Lesley,

nice to hear from you, I do believe I have some photos of that particular evening. I hope you are well, and enjoy Germany. Wish I could go, But if I can get away this year.I kind of fancy Austria again.

There is a re union in November to which I am going to not too far from your part of the world, You should try get a place.

Take care andy