Melly
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Travelling alone was a first. Friends are married with children or travelling is of little interest. This held me back for years. Going it alone is scary, you think of all the what ifs and apprehension, nerves can take over. I am glad I put those fears to one side. Meeting at the airport, everyone was in the same situation. People were eager to meet others, talk about their fears and expectations of the holiday. When you travel alone, you certainly get to know a great deal about your companions and it is great to know you have someone there to share the experiences. You can interact as much or as little as you feel like. There is no pressure.

Kenya was lovely, hot, scenic, and full of adventure. The safari was wonderful seeing animals in their natural environment. The ashnil aruba lodge was excellent with beautiful views of watering holes and visiting animals. Mombasa was a contrast, being busy, industrialised with such poverty and unemployment. However you learn a great deal about the local culture.

I never felt alone, enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to the next adventure. There is a confidence that comes from knowing what to expect next time round.

Single traveller companies enable you to embark on adventures whatever stage of life with an expert guide to maximise your experience.

Gilly09
(Member)
I've booked my first holiday in Sardinia Sept 12 and am feeling really nervous and apprehensive. It has been good to read your positive comments about single holidays. The holiday seems to be popular and almost full but not been able to get in touch with anyone who is going to Sardinia on 12 Sept

Gilly

Gilly09
(Member)
I've booked my first holiday in Sardinia Sept 12 and am feeling really nervous and apprehensive. It has been good to read your positive comments about single holidays. The holiday seems to be popular and almost full but not been able to get in touch with anyone who is going to Sardinia on 12 Sept

Gilly

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Gilly

I have booked my first solo holiday to Jordan in September and am really looking forward to it despite being a little bit nervous. I am thinking of it as an adventure! I too posted 2-3 messages on the message board, but so far have not made any contact with my fellow travellers. May be they are all very shy! Have a wonderful holiday and I am sure you will have a great time.

Jaya

Gilly09
(Member)
Hi Jaya

Thanks for that. I'm sure you are right. I am looking forward to the holiday - have been looking at the site for over a year now and it's taken me all that time before actually taking the plunge.

Hope you have a great time too.

Gilly

Melly
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Gilly.

Glad my comments were helpful. Really, enjoy yourself and go with an open mind. You will soon find the nerves go. Have a wonderful time. Let me know about the holiday and how you get on.

Enjoy. x

AngeS
  • (Member)
(Member)
I also am going on my first solo holiday, Gardens and Villas of the Italian lakes Sept 22.

I am apprhensive and looking forward to it at the same time. I am expecting the journey to the airport by myself to be a little scary, but I hope that like myself, people will be eager to meet others and have a good time. Heres hoping

Ange

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Everybody

Just wanted to tell you about the fantastic time I had on my first Just You solo holiday, A Journey Through Jordan. There were 27 of us in the group with a wide age range and everyone got on well. Everything was organised and one just had to sit back, relax and enjoy. Petra was awesome and Wadi Rum was wonderful. The Dead Sea extension was an icing on the cake - 2 full days to relax and enjoy the facilities of the Marriott! I am looking forward to my next trip with Just You, hopefully soon. I would say to anyone being a bit nervous or hesistant about booking their first solo trip, to go ahead and do it. You will not have any regrets.

Regards

Jaya