hilarylb
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Everyone,

Being a bit of a technophobe I'm not too good at transferring pics to my computer.I've managed to lose all my Cuba photos and have deleted them from the camera so I cannot retrieve them!!

If anyone who was on this trip has any interesting ones, could you put them on the site, so that I can see & maybe download some? Hope you are all well. Where are you planning on going this year? Thanks in anticipation, Hilary

lyndenp
(Member)
I am considering this holiday and would love to hear how you enjoyed your trip. Very sorry you lost your photos and hope that someone will hear your plea.

Lynden

hilarylb
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Lynden,

The Cuba trip was very enjoyable. Our group was about 20 people, various ages & all very friendly. Weather was variable and some of the hotels a bit iffy. The Jagua hotel was very pleasant, and in a lovely spot which surprised me as I'd read poor reports of it.

The tour is quite strenuous as it covers the whole country & maybe a little too much sitting travelling on the coach for my liking -would have liked a little longer in each place.

The food is not so good, even though the tourist hotels get the best of what is available. Food for the locals is rationed and many things in short supply.

Take lots of small bars of soap, bottles of shampoo and pens/pencils to give away to the locals, as they do not usually beg but they do ask for these things because they cannot get them easily.

The music and salsa dancing in the bars & restaurants is wonderful. You will enjoy it I am sure.

Hilary