gloriad
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am going on my first Just You holiday to the Austrian Lakes. I'm really excited as I've always wanted to go there. It would be lovely to hear from anyone going. Or equally anyone who has been and wants to share their experiences.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have posted my report on the other Austrian thread ..I went there last year

Cindy

janicek
(Member)
Hi, this trip looks lovely. What date in Oct are you going? There seems to be 2 dept dates.

Hope to hear from you.

Janice

janicek
(Member)
At last I've booked for 3/10/10. Staying at hotel in Gatwick the night before, Crowne Plaza I think, JY arranged it.

Anyone else going the night before?

Janice

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi Gloria,

I came back from the Austrian Lakes trip last weekend. I know you will have a good time. Do go on all the excursions - there is so much to see and do (but that applies to all JY holidays). The saltmine was particularly good fun! Have a great trip - I would be interested to hear how you got on.

Be happy, best wishes.

Lesley

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi All

I have recently returned from this trip, And as always, It was fab. This is a location that, I will be making a return visit to sometime in the near future. The scenery is amazing, Although the weather was a bit of a mix bag, It did not prevent us from doing or seeing anything on the trip. The excursions are fantastic and very interesting and are well worth doing, Including the optional ones.The hotel is clean comfortable and very roomy,with amazing views from all rooms.(as far as I am aware ) The hotel staff are great and very friendly.

Gloria and Janice you will enjoy this trip immensley. Enjoy and dont forget, You cant go to Austria and not have Apple struddle and a schnapps.

All the very best & enjoy

Andy

gloriad
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Have been off line for a while as getting use to my new computer so sorry for the delay in replying. Nice to hear from all of you - glad it is so enjoyable and looking forward to all the trips.

I am booked for the 3rd October too - so will meet you soon Janice. However no hotel for me, but an early trip to Gatwick. Maybe we can keep in touch via the website.

mikem
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Andy and Leslie,

I have been looking out for your comments on return from the trip to the lakes. We were in contact earlier in the year. Although I am taking this holiday in July and not October, I wanted to thank you for taking the trouble to report back.

I shall take your advice and get on to as many of the excursions as possible - a lesson I learned last year when on the Prague, Vienna and Budapest holiday.

Only just over 7 weeks now before I shall be off. I shall hope to let you, and those going in October, know how I get on.

I have still not had any contact with others who are on the July trip but do know that there are 27 booked.

Mike

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Mike

You are welcome mate, Don,t worry too much about not hearing from others on your trip, through the Just You web site. Not everyone uses the Community. By going in July, You should get the better of the weather ( not guarenteed ). There were 26 in our group, so you have a good sized group. In actual fact I am considering making a return to the Austrian lakes next July, as it would be nice to see that region in the summer months as. I have always seen it in winter or spring.

Would be good to hear what it is like in July.

All the best Andy & enjoy your trip

janicek
(Member)
Hi All,

Good to read your comments online. I am really looking forward to the trip.

Gloria, I'll be travelling from Belfast so that's why I am staying at the hotel near Gatwick. In fact I am planning to come over on the Fri morning, already booked into hotel at Victoria for Fri night and a musical booked! A good way to start my holiday.

I have pre booked the Lakeland tour and Traunsee as if you book the 2 together you get a little discount. No doubt I will be persuaded to do the other tours too.

Hope to stay in touch Gloria.

Andy thanks for your post and Mike, I hope you have a great trip, look forward to hearing about it.

Janice

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi Janice,

Glad to see you are booked on this trip. If you have been reading this thread you will see that I have just returned from this trip. The Lakeland and Traunsee tours were the only optional tours - all the others were included. So you will see and do lots of things. Have a great trip and let us know how you got on and what you thought of Austria.

Be happy, best wishes.

Lesley

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi Mike,

Glad to hear that my and Andy's comments have been helpful. Only 7 weeks to go eh? And counting? You will have a great time and the weather should be really good. Let us know how you get on but I know you will enjoy yourself. I too had only done Austria in the snow - it is totally different in the sunshine. Enjoy!!!

Be happy, best wishes.

Lesley

janicek
(Member)
Hi Lesley,

Thanks for your message, delighted to hear you enjoyed the trip. My planned holiday fell through this year. I was supposed to spend a month in Australia but didn't get due to the ash cloud. My departure date kept getting further and further away and eating into my leave so there was no point.

I am so looking forward to Austria as I haven't been abroad since doing the South African Explorer a year ago.

Thanks again,

Janice