cat lover
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I know it's very early, but I have just booked the above holiday. It will be my first Just You holiday and it will also be my 50th whilst I am away.

Has any one else booked yet? If yes, are you going to the pre holiday get together at Heathrow? Is there anyone else out there thinking of booking?

If any of you have been on this holiday before can you give me any tips? I am particularly concerned about the hotels in St Petersburg and Moscow as the write ups about them on the web aren't great.

Look forward to hearing from someone.

Elizabeth

rosie g
(Member)
Hi Elizabeth

I was thinking of booking but haven't taken the plunge yet as I'm a bit apprehensive about being on my own.It would be nice to meet up with fellow travellers before the holiday.

fellow cat lover

rosie.g

cat lover
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Rosie

Have you booked yet? There are 13 of us booked so far so I hope that it will run. Just You have already cancelled one of my 4 holidays for 2009 sue to lack of customers.

Elizabeth

linjay
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Elizabeth & Rosie

I'm not going on the Golden Ring trip but have just booked for Moscow & St Petersburg in June and share your apprehension re web comments about hotels. I'm keeping my expectations low and taking the attitude that, as long as they're clean, they are a means of seeing a country I've wanted to visit for ages. I'm determined to enjoy myself and am sure we will have brilliant holidays. I'll be happy to pass on any tips on my return.

Lin

Susanxyz
(Member)
Hi Fellow Travellers

I have just booked this holiday from Manchester

I went to Russia 15years ago and I am looking forward to seeing how it has changed. There was no food or goods in the shops then.Few resturants and we lived mainly on cream crackers and cheese which we had taken [veggi in those days]

I have asked Justyou to give my email address to anyone else on this tour so we can chat about what we are taking etc

Yours Sue

sharonfromweymouth
(Member)
I went on the Moscow & St. Petersburg holiday in March 2008 and could find no fault with the hotels. The Cosmos was perhaps a little dated but we were in an Eastern bloc country, afterall! The one in St. Petersburg was quite far out but it made little difference as we travelled everywhere by coach, also more central hotels are, apparently, prohibitively expensive. I would not hesitate to go on the trip again staying in the same hotels.
linjay
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've just returned from the Moscow & St Petersburg trip and thoroughly enjoyed it. Moscow was my favourite of the 2 cities and I also preferred the Cosmos hotel. The hotel in St Petersburg was very nice and modern but customer service wasn't brilliant. Veggies on the trip had a few problems with food in St P but there is a very good supermarket just across the road where you can buy supplies. Traffic was also very bad in St P. Wine is expensive in both hotels but Russian champagne is much cheaper and very palatable. I went on most of the optional excursions and enjoyed them all although this does increase the price. There weren't too many shops but plenty of souvenir places and enough places to eat lunch. GUM has to be seen to be believed. My one recommendation is to do the Moscow by night optional - this was a highlight for me. It's certainly a very different trip but i'm sure you'll have a great time.

Lin