Margom
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I am thinking of booking either Petra to the Pyramids Sept. 25th 2010 or Moroccan Discovery Sept.18th 2010. I have travelled many times on my own (business and pleasure) but first time with a holiday for single travellers and am a bit nervy. Anyone thinking of going to either of these on these dates please post me a message also anyone like me with nervy trepidation please let me know how it worked out

Thank you Margaret

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Margaret

You should not be 'nervy' at all. I did my first solo trip to Jordan last September and really had a good time. Of course, I was a bit anxious when I booked the holiday, but now know that there is no need. We all got on well with each other despite differences in ages - age is just a number. Go ahead and book something you really want to do and I assure you that you will have a great time. You will be looked after very well. I have already booked my second Just You holiday!

Regards

Margom
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jaya

Thank you for responding I really really want to go but still "thinking" I will probably book it at weekend evryone is telling me to "just do it" so why not !!!

Margaret

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Margom,

Just do it, If you are anything like me, If you think about it too long, then you wont do it, Go on you know you want to, You will not be disappointed

Andy

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Margaret

Good Luck! You will not regret the decision. Do let me know what you have booked.

Regards

Margom
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hiya Jaya

Im going to book Petra to the Pyramids September 25th...Thank you. Margaret

Margom
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Andy

Ive been thinking of this for a long time and everyone says go for it so Im going to book Petra to the Pyramids. Ive nothing to lose and a lot to gain....Thanks. Margaret

hil2009
(Member)
hello I am a just you newbie i have just booked on the Wonders of China trip on 22nd September

anyone els going?

Hilary

sox
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi All

I am also new to just you and i have just booked to go on the Magic of Kenya Nov 24 2010 really nervous but now i have actually booked it i feel more confident. Anyone else considering this trip ??

Pam

PF1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi All,

Me a newbie too! Booked to go to Lake Garda 11/5/10 staying in Gatwick night before. Anyone else going on this trip?

Really looking forward to it not travelled alone before!!

Pam (different one)

PF1

Pammy
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi All

I am completely new to this and feeling very nervous and recently widowed and never holidayed on my own. Have booked to go to Lake Garda on 27 April. Anyone else out there booked on this trip? Would welcome any advice to help me conquer my nervous state about the whole thing.

Pammy

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pammy

Believe me, there is no need to feel nervous at all. I was the same when I did my first solo trip with Just You last year and soon found out that there was no need at all. Everyone is friendly and you are well looked after. You will really enjoy your first holiday with Just You and will want to go back with them again and again. I have already booked my second holiday to Andalusia in September and am really looking forward to it. Enjoy your holiday and have lots of fun.

Regards

Tom24November
(Member)
Hello Pammy

I know exactly how you feel my circumstances are the same as yours. I have recently booked my first trip, I'm going to Andalucia on 16 June, but having read all the messages of encouragement I'm sure you will be fine. Your holiday is before mine so be sure to let us know all about it.

Best wishes

Sue

PamB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi from another Pam - there does seem a lot of us, all lovely of course,lol.

I went on my first Just You holiday at Christmas to the Holyland. I, like all of you, was very nervous but also excited. Would I fit in, would I get on with the others, would I cope etc etc? I'm glad to say it was great. The people were lovely, especially the ones on the naughty coach (mine of course) and great fun. The trip was really enjoyable, we did so much in the time I needed another holiday when I got home. I now look back at my photographs and can't believe I did it. After hearing lots of recommendations I have now booked China in September and can't wait. So if your hesitating and a little worried all I can say is go for it and enjoy every minute of it, like I did.

Another Pam

Sharon
  • (Member)
(Member)
HI PAMMY

LIKE YOU I TO AM A WIDOW BUT HAVE FOUND THIS NEW LIFE THAT I DID NOT KNOW WAS POSSIBLE. I HAVE BEEN TO SORRENTO,A TEXAS RANCH,AUSTRIA,SOUTH AFRICA, MEMPHIS/NASHVILLE/NEW ORLEANS AND HAVE BOOKED FOR THE CANYONS,NATIONAL PARKS AND LITTLE BIG HORN IN OCTOBER THIS YEAR ALL WITH JUST YOU.THE WORLD IS FOR EXPLORING AND WOW WHAT AN EXPERIENCE I HAVE HAD ON ALL THESE TRIPS. THEY HAVE ALL BEEN FABULOUS AND MEETING REALLY NICE PEOPLE ALONG THE WAY ADDS TO THE JOY OF TRAVELLING. DO IT,YOU WILL NEVER LOOK BACK AS JUST YOU ARE SO EXPERIENCED IN THE ORGANISING OF EVERYTHING,ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PHONE AND BOOK ALL THE REST IS DONE FOR YOU.I KNOW HOW HARD IT CAN BE,BUT YOU WILL BE SURPRISED IN TIME WHAT A DIFFERENT LIFE YOU CAN HAVE. HAPPY TRAVELLING

SHARON

TonyW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi all

I started with Travelsphere in 1994 , then when Just You started I changed to them . I have been to North America, South America , Africa , Asia and Far East. Always had a great holiday , the tour managers have been helpful and friendly. The other travellers have been friendly and helpful. So I say to all newbies take the plunge see the world and meet a lot of new friend. Has any else booked for New Zealand 4th November 2010.

Tony

KathyG
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi All

Never been on a Just You Holiday before and are thinking of a Discovery Weekend first in either Peterborough or Hinckley - anyone else booked on these weekends or any other discovery weekend?

jan321
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi new to this. do you have to be on the move every day or can you chill at the pool.

jan321.

colinb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kathy,

I went on the discovery weekend in Peterborough last November - it was great ! Everyone was so friendly, and it was arranged so that everyone had the opportunity to get to know everyone else. I would recommend going. It is a good way of getting used to being with a group of people before actually going on holiday. Since then I have been on New Year in Cheltenham , and a Nile Cruise in February. I have two more holidays booked this year.

Colin

sandra1
(Member)
I am just planning to book my first trip thinking of Vancouver in May. I am a bit nervous, i would like to mix with people of a variety of ages but am a bit worried that everyone will be much younger or older so may be uncomfortable