jan-b
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
This is my first Just You holiday. Never been to S.A. before - can't wait!! It would be great to hear from anyone else who is going on this one 🙂

Jan

barryok0071
(Member)
Hi Jan

I have booked on the same holiday. Have you done the zambia add on?. I am really looking forward to the trip. I have been on several holidays with travelsphere and they are fab.What about you is it your first time?

val-t
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jan & Barry

I've booked this trip with the Zambia add-on. Its my first time on a group tour but looking forward to it, guess its a bit strange at first but seems a great way to travel when your alone. The trip looks fabulous and have heard that a flight over the falls is a must.

Val

venture
(Member)
Hi Val and Jan

The trip over the falls sounds good. I am looking forward to going into zambia. I have been travelling the world in a country begining with every letter of the alphabet and I have 3 to go Z Q and O. Hopefully i will complete them by February 2011. I am just booking for Oman in October just a quick 4 days. I have only been away for 3 weeks once and am really looking forward to it. I think it will be tiring. What is anyone doing about malaria precautions? I am travelling down from Wigan via manchester any of you two doing the same? I go to most places alone I have never found it a problem and travelshere are a great company I have used them many times. They are safe and I found them reliable.

Hope to hear from you soon

regards

Barry

jan-b
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Val & Barry, great to hear from you both. It sounds like you are a very seasoned traveller Barry - unlike me 🙂

Unfortunately I'm not doing the Zambia add on as the dates didn't fit in workwise!! I was reading a message from someone who is going to SA in September and she had been told it wasn't necessary to take malaria tablets but I haven't checked with anyone yet.

I will be travelling from Kent - where are you travelling from Val?

val-t
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jan & Barry

I read that there is malaria in the Kruger but will check it all out nearer the date. I live in Berkshire and will get a lift to Heathrow. Apart from the health requirements my main concern is clothes... I read that a past traveller said it was a nightmare packing with selection of smart/casual!!

Getting closer now, have you seen any posts from other travellers?

Val

Sharon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Everyone

I did this same trip a couple of years ago and with the add on. I had the most amazing time throughout the whole trip, so many highlights. For people going onto the add on i can certainly reccommend the Chobie National Park trip. This was one of the most fantastic places to see and i went in a microlight over the falls which again is a fantastic experience. As for clothes i don't recall taking any special clothes just some nice tops to twin with a skirt or trousers for the evenings when needed.I had some trousers cleaned at Krugar when at the hotel which was ready in 24 hours. You are all in for just the most incredible journey, the vastness of this country is breathtaking on every twist and turn of the road while on the coach.Take some pens or/pencils if you can as the villagers will really appreciate this for the children.Enjoy you'll have a blast.

Sharon

jan-b
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for this Sharon. Val, I'm planning on taking a mix of casual/smart casual + 2 dresses (just in case!!)but don't intend taking too much. I have read from some other threads that it is best to book Robben Island before we travel as it is usually fully booked - food for thought?
Debbie
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello to everyone going on this holiday, I am SO envious! I did it last October and had the most fantasic time. SA is the most diverse and stunningly beautiful country with something for everyone - the Cape is amazing. The weather will be nice but advise a cardigan or light jacket for table mountain (especially if you go first thing)and the early morning game drives. Hotels are lovely and Emdoneni is fab, we got to go in the enclosure with the cheetahs. I took anti malaria but it wasn't really necessary for south of the Kruger. Saw every animal you could think of and I really did not want to come home. Enjoy every minute of this fantastic african adventure.

Debbie

val-t
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jan

I want to go to Robben Island instead of doing the winelands tour. I have posted a question to editor to confirm the dates of the excursions and if he comfirms I will book to go on the 11:00 tour. It seems to be the most popular time so booking sooner seems a good idea. I'll let you know when I hear anything.

val-t
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jan

I've booked the Robben Island tour for 11am on 27th Nov.

jan-b
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Val

I want to do the tours on days 3 & 4 so the only option for me to go to Robben Island would be on the day we arrive in Cape Town. I'll ask the editor if it could be possible to do an afternoon trip but if not it looks like I may have to forego this one.

jan-b

jan-b
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Val

Taking Olly's comments into account I've decided that it probably wouldn't be very practical to go to Robben Island on day 2 so I've booked to go on 27 Nov at 11 am. As much as I'd like to do the Winelands tour, I want to do this one as well!